“"Nice place!"”

Ranked #58 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
West Decaur, PA
“"Nice place!"”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here from August 4th-August 9th. We had a great time! We booked on short notice and could only get an efficienty. Not bad for 2 people. Had a nice LITTLE kitchen area nice size bathroom. Did the job! Loved that it was right on the beach. We ate at the Rock Fish great food. (expensive but good!) I would stay here again. I love Virgina beach!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taylor_Lumadue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Petersburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

First thing I noticed when I entered the room is the entire shower area is open to the bedroom so whoever is sleeping in the bed has to go out while you shower. The only balcony is off that bedroom not the common area (living room) as most are so the only ones that can enjoy the beautiful beach sunrise is the ones that stay in the bedroom and if anyone with you smokes you have to go through the bedroom to get to the designated area which is the balcony. The air condition vents half way across the small balcony and the heat from it makes it so you can't even sit over there on these hot days. I was told by Jenny when making reservations we could pay an additional $7.00 for a second vehicle to park there and upon arrival was told no way - you can park it at 9th Street which is about 7 blocks away and walk back in this 100 degree heat. I am not a timeshare owner but yet they zeroed in on my family that was to arrive to do a tour and never once offered it to me - who had just paid over $1000.00 to stay there for the weekend. My mini-vacation was just added stress that I could had done without. Needless to say I just left a day early and will never be back there. They could have cared less and did absoutely nothing to try to help but why should they - they already had my money. Totally dissatisfied and will never stay there again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank jmdrn03
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Fantastic facility and staff was very friendly. Nice indoor pool wished they had an outdoor pool. Great restaraunt below hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jersarecar
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We booked our stay in April through Priceline. When we arrived at the Boardwalk Resort we were told that our room wasn't ready but they would call us when it was available. At 4:00pm I received a call from Lars (Shift manager). He told us that our room didn't have power and that he moved our stay to the Country Inn & Suites. We were traveling with my 15 month old daughter and my teenage sister. The room that they booked for us didn't match what we had orignially booked through priceline. Then to make matters worse Lars kept insisting that I needed to work out a refund with Priceline. He even told me at one point that I was lucky to have a room at all. We were able to get everything worked out and the Country Inn & Suites were able to switch our room to a suite. I will never book through priceline or Boardwalk Resort and Villas again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank jjacot
North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed at The Boardwalk Resort for 3 days. We rented the one bedroom/den combo and found we had plenty of room for two adults and two small children. I highly recommend this hotel. The location and view from the room is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Scarlett064
kentucky
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Wet carpets and a hot night with no electricity are what I remember a year after our family vacation. Management was NOT empahetic. When our unit lost power we were offered to be able to pay to stay at another property?!?!? Avoid this place! We suggest checking out Sandbridge Beach...much more family friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank mrcurtsinger
leelee113
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We checked in and had very friendly attendant at the front desk. The housekeepers do not come until 3 in the afternoon - so they don't wake you up. The concierge was very helpful, she even escorted my mom to the room and gave us a number for a mobility wheelchair company when my elderly mom did not feel well enough to walk around the area. The resort is quiet compared to others despite the fact that there were numerous kids on spring break. Pool was clean and well maintained. I did not see anyone at the front desk complaining at any time during my stay.. I was checking. Overall. a good place

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family