I booked my room based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. The only negataive thing I agree with is the quality of the towels. The towels are very thin and are in desperate need of replacement. However that wouldn't stop me from booking this hotel again.
The staff was very accommodating. We arrived at VA Beach at 9:40am. I went into the hotel and let them know. They gave me a parking pass for the duration of my stay and asked for my cell phone number and said they would call me as soon as a room was ready. We received a call around 12:30. I was too busy at the beach to leave and go check in so we didn't check in until after 3:30. We didn't want to miss out of the gorgeous beach weather, so decided to stay on the beach until later in the day.
The room is exactly as most reviews have said. I didn't have a problem with the cleanliness. I found it clean and the sheets and bedspread were clean also. The bed was comfortable enough. We didn't have any problems with the TV. The air conditioner was a bit loud. It is the old fashioned kind with each room having an individual unit. I could deal with it.
The rules people have complained about. Well I traveled with just myself and 18 year old daughter. I don't think asking you to prove you are a guest at the hotel after midnight is a bad thing. They have 24 hour staff and why not be cautious. Not a big deal. As for the internet. They don't try and fool you, the website states there is only access in the lobbies. Not a big deal we knew it going in.
I really like the location. Right on 20th street in the middle of the boardwalk. We parked our car and never moved it the three days we were there.
Overall I would go back to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capes has 59 spacious, comfortable, affordable rooms, eight stories, an oceanfront cafe, refreshing indoor pool all to be enjoyed, right here on the ocean. All rooms are non-smoking offering refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The Capes offers accommodations to fit your needs, with our one room unit that includes two full size beds; or our two room unit with three full size beds and 2 tvs offering your family just the right space for a relaxing vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Capes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capes Hotel Virginia Beach
- Capes Virginia Beach
- Capes Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach