This motel was VERY clean!!! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed over July 4th weekend, and the beach was packed, but the motel handled the guests with no problems.
The room we had was 2 double beds, but a nice little kitchen area with microwave, and a small frig. This made it handy to have snacks and make sandwiches before going on the beach. The hotel has a VERY small indoor pool. There is also a small cafe, the service was terrible every time we were there, so we finally went to some other restaurants along Atlantic Ave.
The biggest problem we had were the linens. This may sound crazy, but the beds had no fitted sheet, just flat sheets used for fitted. Plus the sheets were very worn and were pilling, we felt like we were sleeping on sandpaper. Plus the bath towels were very worn and small.
But, we had beautiful weather and spent most of our time on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capes has 59 spacious, comfortable, affordable rooms, eight stories, an oceanfront cafe, refreshing indoor pool all to be enjoyed, right here on the ocean. All rooms are non-smoking offering refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The Capes offers accommodations to fit your needs, with our one room unit that includes two full size beds; or our two room unit with three full size beds and 2 tvs offering your family just the right space for a relaxing vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Capes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capes Hotel Virginia Beach
- Capes Virginia Beach
- Capes Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach