Capes Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
19 Atlantic Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)
Atrium Resort(Virginia Beach)
Marjac Suites(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewshidden pearlcoffee makerindoor pooltwo room suiteevery staff membersink areaclean hotelsmall fridgeparking passan older hoteldefinitely stay here againview of the oceanlacesbalconyboardwalkelevatorhousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Clean oceanfront room. It was convenient having a microwave and fridge. Coffee maker we did not use. Remember to bring all eating utensils, plates, coffee, coffee filters etc. as none of these items were in the room. The "bathroom" consisted of a tiny room with a toilet and shower, barely enough room to turn around. The sink was outside the shower/toilet area. The bed was hard and the sheets were "pill-y" and not soft. The bathroom towels were the cheap white, thin, rough kind. Bath towel was so small, almost considered a large hand towel! We met a couple waiting for the elevator and they had the same complaints we did.

This place was fine for a night but longer than that as I would have preferred a more upscale hotel with better linens and a more comfortable bed. There is only one elevator, which seems to be a bit slow. The lobby has a chlorine smell due to the indoor pool that you must pass through to exit the rear of the hotel onto the beach. We ate at the restaurant that is attached to the hotel. The food was fair to average.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank loveabeagle1234
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The location is fantastic and the rooms spectacular. With the location, it was right in the middle of the the boardwalk, which is located right outside of the back door of the hotel, and walking distance to the fishing pier, which my husband loved. So if you are an avid fisherman, like my husband, take your fishing pole with you. As for the view from the room it was amazing. We even got to look at other rooms, within the hote,so we would know what each room looked like. You seriously cannot complain about any of the rooms that they have. Each room has a balcony facing the ocean, a nice clean fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, and also a hair dryer. I loved going down to the Hidden Pearl in the morning, located by the hotels indoor swimming pool, and sitting outside on the deck drinking my morning coffee reading the paper and watching the dolphins swim in the ocean. The hotel does serve coffee in the hospitality room near the front desk if you do not feel like bringing your own or buying it from the Cafe. Now for the staff, they are GREAT!!!!! I would talk to Christina every morning and she was such a sweetheart. I cannot wait to book again for this year. My husband and I are really excited. We are actually planning on bringing down a few other family members down with us. We definitely know we will not be disappointed. I highly suggest you book here even though its not a huge chain hotel. I will bet you that you will not be disappointed as well.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the rooms. I highly suggest the King Suite. My husband and I looked at this room and it was great!!! Has a king sized bed in one room and a whirlpool in the other. I believe they only have a couple of those rooms and belive me the view from the balcony is awesome! They do end up going fast but we plan on getting this room this year on our visit.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jamie N
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect. Right on the boardwalk. All the rooms face the ocean, so we saw every sunrise and sunset. The room was very clean and updated. There was plenty of room for 3 of us. The kitchenette was perfect. We had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There was plenty of cupboard space for groceries. The desk staff was always cordial and helpful when needed. The only downfall is parking. It is definitely at a premium and the alternative is across the street behind buildings.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Depot94
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is in a good location right on the ocean. It has direct access to the beach, and beautiful views from the rooms. I have stayed at this location a few times over the years and have never been disappointed. I visited this August and received a great weekend rate. The rooms and the hotel is clean. The front desk staff are very welcoming upon checkin and throughout our entire stay.

Room Tip: Get a high floor fir great ocean views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erica S
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just stayed the second weekend in September. We were in a double room with a refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave. The room was just the right size with a private balcony overlooking the beach. I was fortunate to see a bunch of dolphins playing around and feeding on fish and all I had to do was stand and look down from my 7th floor room. Top rated restaurants are all within easy walking distance and the Capes has its own little café on the beach that is good and reasonably priced. So you can't beat the convenience. The Capes is older but very, very clean with stellar ocean views. Personally, I am tired of the same old chain hotels and loved being at a local place that is run by people who truly want their place to be the best it can be. It was also very quiet providing a wonderful spot to enjoy peaceful waves and gorgeous blue skies. We will stay at the Capes as often as we can!

Room Tip: Rooms 5th floor or higher give the best views in my opinion.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple