“Not Again.”

Dough Boy's California Pizza
Ranked #63 of 1,464 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: HAPPY HOUR all day Monday through Friday until 6:30PM, includes $5 Medium pan or original cheese pizzas all day, too! We've also remodeled and you won't recognize the place! Dough Boy's offers delicious pizzas, pastas, burgers, salads, wings, sandwiches, local craft beers, wine selections, beach-inspired cocktails and much more. Enjoy a fun Virginia Beach experience in our new indoor-outdoor space. Dough Boy's also welcomes large groups. Call in now to reserve space for up to 150. Open year-round!
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went to dough boys on a recommendation.
The host was some guy dressed in a dirty dough boys shirt in falling down jeans ( I guess he was the host). He sat right at the door when there was more then 5 empty tables not right at the door, what was he thinking? Our server took his good time to come for our drink order then came back in 2 minutes wanting our order. I ask about the cold subs because I didn't want a hot sandwich and was told they had many cold subs so I ordered an Italian sub.
When my food came is was a hot sub, and our server didn't seem to understand why I wanted to send it back. Then before we had even eaten half of our meals he brought the bill and came back many times to ask for it. He didn't ask about splitting the bill, then when we all had our cash out figuring out the bill he said he could split it. I didn't like being rushed to pay.
The food, the host, the server all need an upgrade.
Will never go back...

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great pizza! Lots of cheese. A medium pizza easily fed our family of 4. The fries had a house seasoning on them that was also really good. There were lots of coupons available to make the meal more affordable. Even a buy one get one free deal after 10pm.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

For the price, the food was sub par. I had the pasta with alfredo and i could have made something better out of the jar.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well we had a coupon from one of the vacation pamphlets(I think it might have been the Monster coupon book). The coupon was for a buy one get one free after 10pm. I have eaten at this restaurant several times over the years. And it's been just average. Maybe this experience was bad because it was takeout and involved a coupon. One pizza was undercooked. Neither tasted good. I mean really, how can you mess up pizza. Lol

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place has a little bit of everything for everyone. None of us left hungry, and for the price I don't know that we would have been as satisfied elsewhere.