“2nd Stay.... Great again!”

The Breakers Resort Inn
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
New York
“2nd Stay.... Great again!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

This was our second stay at the Breakers. We arrived Aug 1, 2010 for 4 days. We came with another couple. All I can say is you won't be disappointed! Clean, big rooms, with wonderful oceanfront views! The coffee shop has great food for lunch or breakfast at a great price, with wonderful staff. After beaching, shopping eating and sightseeing it was a treat to come back to our lovely rooms with comfortable beds, and let me not forget the Great Balcony!! Pool is not very big and because of shade most of day, they could use a heater, but not really a problem, considering the Beach is just a few feet away from your hotel. Would I come back for a third time? You betcha!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2010

we stayed at Breaker resort for 6 night from friday august 6 to august 12. the room was quite good. There is no oven and no dish washer. The general cleanness was just ok(they dont seem to clean windows very often, the carpet also need a clean, the pans should be replace) but its ok in general.

The housemaid could easily do a better job, we go to the beach every day, so vacuum cleaner every day should be done, but they dont. Towel for four should be a minimum. They often give only two towel. Once, they ask me to go down, to the lobby to get detergent for dish wash. The housekeeper was alone, and could not leave the desk. Its not so bad if the elevator would not take an eternity...but it take an eternity.

however, the room is big. a lot of room, two double bed suite is big enough. we was two adult and two kids. The location on the beach is good, neer the pier, near surf spot, the ocean view is spectacular.

The pool is ok, small, but clean.

The pool is small, but in general clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I have staryed at the breakers resort for the past 10 years and in the past year my sisters and their families have started to stay there. The staff know me; the housekeepers and front staff. My husband and I have a special relationship with Matt in the kitchen. The complimnetary bikes are a nice perk. My one and only negative remark is that it would be nice if they recognized their frequent visitors - maybe a breakfast on them or a complimentary night here and there would be a nice gesture for someone who has been coming for 10 years and at one time I have 4 rooms rented during the busy 4th of July holiday season. The magnet at Christmas time is nice; but a little extra for your loyal customers would be much appreciated. See you next year (or maybe even this year!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
vintondale, pennsylvania
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Me, my husband, and my 2 year old son just stayed another wonderful 2 weeks at the breakers. And like everyother trip we make to viriginia beach(which is quite alot throughout the year) The breakers has yet to let us down. Always very clean, Wonderful, friendly , trustworthy cleaning staff. (especially the head cleaning lady) This hotel is always so accomodating and friendly. You never need to worry about your belongings going missing, your vehicle being safe, or if your room will be cleaned that day and if you'll get fresh sheets and towels. This hotel makes for a very relaxful and comfortable vacation stay. They without a doubt know how to treat vacationers and their familys. Of all my stays here throughout the year, we have never had any problems, no noise no nothing. Vey peaceful and relaxing place to stay with your family. Without a doubt another perfect stay at the Breakers Resort. Everyone from the frontdesk, to the kitchen staff, to the cleaning people are absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We booked this hotel at the last minute because of our work schedule and stayed for 4th of July weekend; was pleasantly surprised how clean it was and the room was very comfortable, plus having the jaccuzi in the room was cool. The staff was pleasant and we felt very safe there. It is in the best location-situated by 16th ave. We parked our car and for three days we walked everywhere. We didn't hear anyone through the walls which was wonderful. The elevator was slow at times because of the mass of people; Great for Couples and/or Families. Come stay at this hotel- you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern Calif.
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This was our third stay at the Breakers Resort. We visited in the dead of winter on a snowy Presidents Day weekend and have a fabulous time. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful, love the friendly cook who runs the cafe and you just can't beat the location and price. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the view is incredible.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I went to Virginia Beach for the first time to visit my boyfriend who lives there, He promised me that I would be able to open the door and have the beach at my feet. I had the beach at my feet and more, The hotel is located in the perfect spot to walk everywhere, amusements right next store and across the street for children, the board walk with almost 100 vendors with everything from food, to art, was in walking distance also, the nightclubs were in walking distance also, You dont need a car unless you want to venture deeper into the city. the room was clean, the beds were comfy, the bathroom was immaculate, they have microwave, and fridge, and they give you coupons for pizza delivery, when you arrive. The view from our room was so amazing I slept with the balcony door open so I could hear the ocean waves. I kept telling him over and over how much I loved the room and want to come back again, We are new in this relationship, plus it is long distance. This will be a perfect place for us to stay everytime I want the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple