We chose The Breakers because we liked the idea of having a 2 room suite with an adjoining room and the price was unbeatable. We stayed for 4 days and the oceanfront balcony was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very accomodating when I had to get my room key reset TWICE due to putting it in the same pocket as my cell phone. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable enough. I'm partial to my own bed so hotel beds don't normally do it for me but we slept well in spite of it being a little firm for my liking. I was worried about the reviews I read pertaining to the slow elevator but maybe because we stayed in April that wasn't ever a problem. We never waited long for it and it gets you to your floor quickly. Parking can be a little tight but it is a hotel at the beach so that happens. You have to buy breakfast but we chose to cook in our room since we had a kitchen but there are plenty of places to eat nearby with varying price ranges. In the middle of the night a couple nights there was a little noise from someone going up or down the stairs which were near our room but that wasn't a big problem either. Just sounded like someone coming from a club or something but it was only for a minute. The a/c unit is a bit loud at times and maybe needs to be replaced or serviced but it worked. We actually debated on asking someone to check it or to move to a different room but we decided it wasn't that much of an issue and dealt with it. For the money we don't really have a ton of complaints. We will definitely stay there again when we go to visit our granddaughter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers Resort Inn is Family-owned and operated, open year-round, and is directly on the boardwalk at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. We are adjacent to the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier and only 20 minutes from the Norfolk Intl. Airport. Shopping, dining, nightlife and many attractions are conveniently located within walking distance or a short drive by car. All guestrooms and suites have a stunning oceanfront view and provide comfortable accommodations to fit your personal needs. A refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer and safe are in all rooms and Wi-fi is complimentary to guests throughout our hotel. Our efficiency suites feature a bedroom with two queen beds, living room with a pull-down double bed & studio kitchen containing plates and utensils. Couples love our king bedded rooms with in-room Jacuzzi. Breakfast and lunch is served daily at our Boardwalk Cafe for guest convenience. Take a bike ride on one of our complimentary bikes or simply relax by our outdoor heated pool overlooking the beach and boardwalk. Only 20 minutes from the Norfolk International our location is perfect whether it’s for a family vacation, golf package or a romantic getaway. Our staff looks forward to providing you an unforgettable vacation here at the Breakers Resort Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Breakers Resort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Virginia Beach
- Breakers Hotel Virginia Beach
- The Breakers Resort Inn Virginia Beach