“Great stay with the family!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakers Resort Inn

The Breakers Resort Inn
Ranked #38 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
“Great stay with the family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We chose The Breakers because we liked the idea of having a 2 room suite with an adjoining room and the price was unbeatable. We stayed for 4 days and the oceanfront balcony was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very accomodating when I had to get my room key reset TWICE due to putting it in the same pocket as my cell phone. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable enough. I'm partial to my own bed so hotel beds don't normally do it for me but we slept well in spite of it being a little firm for my liking. I was worried about the reviews I read pertaining to the slow elevator but maybe because we stayed in April that wasn't ever a problem. We never waited long for it and it gets you to your floor quickly. Parking can be a little tight but it is a hotel at the beach so that happens. You have to buy breakfast but we chose to cook in our room since we had a kitchen but there are plenty of places to eat nearby with varying price ranges. In the middle of the night a couple nights there was a little noise from someone going up or down the stairs which were near our room but that wasn't a big problem either. Just sounded like someone coming from a club or something but it was only for a minute. The a/c unit is a bit loud at times and maybe needs to be replaced or serviced but it worked. We actually debated on asking someone to check it or to move to a different room but we decided it wasn't that much of an issue and dealt with it. For the money we don't really have a ton of complaints. We will definitely stay there again when we go to visit our granddaughter!

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining rooms if traveling with a lot of family members so everyone is close or you can op...
2 Thank Alina H
breakersvb, General Manager at The Breakers Resort Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words; we appreciate your staying with us and we look forward to your family returning. On your next visit please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if there is anything that is not working properly in your room. We have replacement AC’s and other items on property to have your room properly outfitted as quickly as we can.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
frankinton, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed one night, April 2, 2013. The front deck night and day clerks wre very nice And very helpful. The rooms were nicely kept, clean and presentable. The murphy bed in the livingroom was relatively comfortable, a little firm. The bedroom bed was a little hard, a pillowtop wouopd be an upgrade. For the beach, it was very adaquate.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room they are bigger.
2 Thank pslake43
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and had my family come visit me while I was there; my sister and her two children ages 5 and 7. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to families traveling with children under any circumstances! My niece and nephew love to ride their razor scooters everywhere we go so naturally they brought them along. After a long day at the beach and walking down the boardwalk we came back to the hotel property to the parking garage so that my sister could put their scooters back in the trunk of the car and I went up to my room to grab something while my sister and the kids waited outside for me. My nephew was riding his scooter near the entrance to the garage while his mother watched when a hotel employee came out screaming at them that they were trespassing, no skateboarding was allowed, and that he would have her arrested in front of her children if they didn't get off his property! First off my nephew wasn't being a nuisance and they weren't loitering, second he is 5 and on a scooter- not a teenager on a skateboard, and most importantly there were no signs posted that even skateboarding wasn't allowed and they WERE NOT trespassing, I was a guest at the hotel and they were my guests!!! When I came down I was furious and happy to be checking out the next morning, how horrible do you have to be before you realize no one is going to patronize your establishment? I will never recommend this hotel and hope that no one has the displeasure of being threatened with arrest by these ignorant owners.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank TravelinGal60747
breakersvb, General Manager at The Breakers Resort Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We are a family owned and operated hotel with a history of being family friendly. We have been in business for over 30 years and have many repeat customers who in some cases are second and third generation guests. This was an isolated incident by an employee who overreacted and for that we apologize. We do have several "No Skatebording" signs posted as well as the City of Virginia Beach has an ordinance prohibiting skateboarding in the resort area. The ramps for our parking garage and deck can sometimes be inviting to skateboarders which can be a safety issue for both the skateboarders and our guests. This is a regrettable incident and could have been handled in a better manner.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed for an extended weekend in VB. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice but do need some updating. The hotel has all rooms with balconys overlooking the ocean which was very nice and you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer less boardwalk noise, the 2 room suite is very spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank batravels
baltimore md.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

we have stayed at breakers in va. beach since 1997. we have stayed during a bad hurricane. they suggested that we leave to get to safety. we asked to stay. they again asked us to leave. we were allowed to stay because we felt we could get to any safe place in time. we watched chairs flying past the fifth floor balcony.power went down for approx. 2 hours. they fed us,kept close tabs on us and we really appreciate how they treated us.

when we checked out and paid after a weeks stay they gave us half our money back. this hotel is family owned and a great stay for anybody. i am a retired law enforcement officer. larry h. morris sr.

Room Tip: get one with a kichen.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Newport, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stay at the Breakers every year for our anniversary in March and at least once during the summer as a family vacation with our kids and grandkids. The hotel is always staffed 24/7. We always arrive early so we do not lose a day traveling. We have never been told we cannot check in early. The staff are always polite and very helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TaraBob
Thanks for your kind comments. We appreciate you repeat business. Return customers make all our efforts worthwhile.
Woodbridge, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my second review of The Breakers. I just booked my room and I have to rave about how I am so pleased with the staff and the location of this hotel. It is reasonably priced, the rooms look right out to the ocean and the staff couldn't be more nice. I would definately recommend The Breakers to friends and family (and strangers :) )

We will be staying at the end of May 2013 and are very excited to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family