“I'm lame”
Review of VB Surf Sessions

VB Surf Sessions
More attraction details
Owner description: "Virginia's #1 Surf School" - We're a professional Surf School, offering the best in: Surfing Lessons, Surf Camps, Stand Up Paddleboard Tours & Board Rentals to people of all ages.
Key West, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I'm lame”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I was going through our family vacation pictures and just realized I forgot to rep this place. This was the highlight of our trip to Virginia Beach. Our instructor (He was actually the owner. Forgot your name, bro, sorry.) was awesome. He was either 10/10 actor or sincerely stoked about teaching us how to surf. I'm pretty sure it was the latter. He was especially great with our daughter who was 6 and he got her up on her first wave. Highly recommended.

Chesapeake, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highly recommend "must do" when in Virginia Beach!”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We took our two teens to VB Surf Sessions for their first SUP experience and now they want to go back! Chris, the instructor was very friendly, informative, and made all the participants feel at ease with his easy going attitude. His Aloha spirit was fantastic and he gave better lessons than the one I had in Hawaii! We will definitely going back for another experience and will tell others that VB Surf Sessions is the best! MAHALO!

Visited August 2014
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The crew at VB Surf Sessions are phenomenal! We all enjoyed the experience and they know how to make first time experiences worth wild. I've already came back for a second try on paddle boarding and it was even better. Thanks to Chris who made it an overall fun journey and for Tony who even stopped by Rudee's to check on us! We will be back for surf lessons!

Hamilton, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great time with great instructors!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have always wanted to try surfing, and my family and I go to Virginia Beach every summer. So this year I decided to finally try surfing with my sister. I chose this company based on reviews from this website. Let me start off by saying that these reviews were very helpful. Our lesson was at 1 on a Friday, the waves were pretty high and the red flags were up. Even our instructor Lorenzo had said that the waves were a bit high for learning. Our group was small with 6 people in it, all of us never have surfed before. Lorenzo(our instructor) started off by just talking to us about the dangers of surfing and how to protect yourself. Then we practiced getting up on our surfboards a couple of times, the concept is fairly simple, after stretching a bit we finally dove into the water. Since the conditions were poor Lorenzo decided to have us go in one at a time. He and another instructor Taylor took a person out to catch a couple of waves each before switching out. Overall the experience was great and I would recommend trying surfing especially through this company. I hope this review was helpful.

2 Thank Marion H
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“VB Surf Sessions Taught Well!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very nice instructors! My teenage kids loved it and leaned a lot! Very safe! Best way to learn how to surf!