First of all, the picture online doesn't show justice. The parking lot was not too bad. I will not comment on the lobby or elevator (being slow), our room was our main objective. Upon entering our room there was an odor. This is an indication that the room mostly likely was not cleaned properly. The room size was not bad and we liked the separate bedroom for privacy. The kitchen and bathroom were filthy. The refrigerator had a fishy odor and needed defrosting. The bathroom was old and dirty. The tub had very bad stains and the toilet had splatter marks and hair on it. The bathroom floor was also dirty. I started cleaning immediately with a disinfectant we brought along on our trip. When we went to bed on the first night, we couldn't figure out where the stinch was coming from. After smelling around the bed we found that one pillow on each bed stunk very badly. We changed the pillows and pillow cases with spares from the closet. This is by far the worse hotel we have ever stayed in. When I asked the cleaning personnel the following day for clean linens and towels, she looked confused, could this be because I spoke English?? We could not get internet connection like they advertised. The front desk gave us a box to hook up to and that did not work either. We had to use our laptop in the hotel lobby. The pool seemed to be kept clean. Oh, and I should remind you of the electric problems in this hotel. On our second day stay, the bedroom electricity would not work. They fixed it in a timely manner. I found by other guests that they too had electrical problems. This hotel should probably be rewired or condemned. It's probably a fire hazard! If you are looking for a clean hotel room, I would not recommend this hotel. I felt like we were staying at a hotel that posted a sign saying "Enter At Your Own Risk!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a variety of rooms to suit your needs, including penthouse suites with a Jacuzzi and kitchenette, rooms with private balconies and non-smoking rooms. Boost your energy with our free continental breakfast before lounging on our sundeck or diving into our outdoor(seasonal) pool. Free Wi-Fi Internet lets you go online from your laptop anywhere in the hotel. From guest laundry service to in-room microwaves and refrigerators, we provide all the amenities to make your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Travel Lodge Virginia Beach