“Sheets not changed - We found someones socks still in the bed ! This place is NASTY !”

Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Do I need to say any more ? We pulled the covers back from the bed (that was neatly made) and found a pair of dirty socks. We went to the front desk to talk to a manager, but was informed that mangers don't work at night and someone would have to get back to us about a refund. We were in the room for less than 10 mins. Sent email to HQ of Travelodge and will gladly update this site on the out come !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I got this hotel when using Hotwire to get a 2-star hotel on the oceanfront. This place is definitely NOT a 2-star (such as La Quinta or Comfort Inn). I was embarrassed to drive up and check in with my parents. There was no hot water in the bathroom sink, there were broken tiles in the bathroom, the balcony had trash on it from previous guests, and the whole place gave me a creepy feel. There are long dark hallways from the hall to the doors, and there are no windows in the bedrooms. We didn't stay; I called Hotwire and argued for a while to get rebooked to another place up the street.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
charlotte
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The worst experience I have ever had. The staff is a joke and the elevator only carries two people at a time. The pool was not working. I will never refer a friend to stay here if this was the last hotel standing.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Don't be fooled by the pictures on the website. This place is a dump. The suite had many problems. Broken A/C, small bathroom. Problems with TV. Balcony door had gaps which let in cold air from the beach. Peeling and chip paint on the walls. It was my room from hell.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2010

My Family and I decided to go to VA. Noticed that the hotels were pretty pricey in that area and being on a budget. We choose to stay here since the pictures looked ok. The price was in our budget and we were just not planning on being in the room all that much. Please DO NOT ruin your trip by staying here. We normally stay in budget hotels when we travel so we can splurge on other things. We are a normal couple, Avg. family dont expect alot and dont demand anything. This is the first BAD review I have given anything in my life. The hotel looks good enough from the outside, but be warned the trouble that learks once the open the door the staff is not very friendly or helpful. The FREE food consist of coffee and some kind of biscuit looking thing. The parking is cramped you actually have to drive through the hotel itself via a small breezeway to get to the rear parking. After I recieved my key and seen our room. It Stunk, The balcony door would not lock. The deadbolt was broken on the front door and the A/C was not working. I immediately asked to be changed to a different room, Which they did with little complaints they barely even spoke, like they could care less. Recieved my new key hoping that since I booked the hotel through expedia that I just recieved a lemon room to begin with. WRONG second room was dirty, bathroom was dirty, We refused to eat off the dishes in the Kitchen. Cig burns on the carpet/sink/bathtub. The TV even had a hole melted in the top of it. The front door locked in this room but there was still about a 2in gap underneath. The balcony door would not lock either, But at least the A/C worked in this room. The balcony was concrete. Each balcony was seperated by a peice of plywood that lacked a foot from reaching the ceiling or the floor. So in other words someone could easy crawled under this gaining access to YOUR room. The sheets in the room stunk the bed slept awful. The drain in the bathroom sink took at least a half hour to let the water out. Seen several cockroaches in the hallway's leading into the room's. I cannot say enough bad about this hotel. Ruined our trip to VA beach. Dont know if I will ever go back because of this place. Our room was non-refundable, but we actually went looking for another hotel to stay at, at this point we didnt care about losing the money and all was booked. The state of VA. should condem this place. We left 1 day early to come home due to a stabbing/ robbery that took place a few blocks down at another hotel. PLEASE think about spening the extra money to stay somewhere else. I have never been anywhere and felt scared but here. Would not put my dog up in this hotel. We actually would leave and just drive around so we didnt have to be in and out of this place during the day. I hope this saves someone the heart-ache that me, my wife and my 4yr old had to deal with. I wish I had photos to attach of this place and I sure would all I have is outside pictures. which is greatly misleading.........STAY AWAY, STAY FAR AWAY.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
FRANKLIN
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My spouse and I stayed there 3 times, the first couple of times was okay, based on the cheap rate, but the 3rd time, just pure disgusting. First of all, I requested a room on the 7th floor and the receptionist said that every floor from the 7th on down to the 3rd floor was damaged by the NorEaster, which was understandable. The first room she gave us was uncleaned, the carpet needed vacuuming, the sofa sanked to the floor when you sat on it, and the heat didn't work. I ask the receptionist for another room and she said she could not give us another room until maintenence check out the problem. It took maintenence 30 minutes. To make a long story short, the second room was cleaner than the first one except that when we turned on the heat it smell like urine and the door that led to the balcony was stuck, and the partition was knocked down so you can see next door. Very rude receptionist!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
melbourne
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed here after reading all the negative reviews thinking we are pretty open minded people - I am sure these people with their bad reviews are just snobs and dont know how to just enjoy what they have. Unfortunately they were spot on not only were we greated by the rudest receptionist ever who was just ridiculously revolting but our room stunk like smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking room and there seemed to be no control whatsoever over people staying in the building. The night before my sister and I were to leave Virginia for New York we were kept awake by screaming people outside our apartment till 3.00am!! Not only were they screaming but they were also threatening each other and yelling abuse at one another, needless to say we did NOT feel safe at all! The only positive about this hotel is the view of the beach and the fact that all apartments have balconies. We were really prepared to just enjoy our time in Virginia Beach and relax but unfortunately it was the worst part of our America trip and that has a lot to do with the tackyness and feralness that is this hotel and their disgraceful staff!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends