My Family and I decided to go to VA. Noticed that the hotels were pretty pricey in that area and being on a budget. We choose to stay here since the pictures looked ok. The price was in our budget and we were just not planning on being in the room all that much. Please DO NOT ruin your trip by staying here. We normally stay in budget hotels when we travel so we can splurge on other things. We are a normal couple, Avg. family dont expect alot and dont demand anything. This is the first BAD review I have given anything in my life. The hotel looks good enough from the outside, but be warned the trouble that learks once the open the door the staff is not very friendly or helpful. The FREE food consist of coffee and some kind of biscuit looking thing. The parking is cramped you actually have to drive through the hotel itself via a small breezeway to get to the rear parking. After I recieved my key and seen our room. It Stunk, The balcony door would not lock. The deadbolt was broken on the front door and the A/C was not working. I immediately asked to be changed to a different room, Which they did with little complaints they barely even spoke, like they could care less. Recieved my new key hoping that since I booked the hotel through expedia that I just recieved a lemon room to begin with. WRONG second room was dirty, bathroom was dirty, We refused to eat off the dishes in the Kitchen. Cig burns on the carpet/sink/bathtub. The TV even had a hole melted in the top of it. The front door locked in this room but there was still about a 2in gap underneath. The balcony door would not lock either, But at least the A/C worked in this room. The balcony was concrete. Each balcony was seperated by a peice of plywood that lacked a foot from reaching the ceiling or the floor. So in other words someone could easy crawled under this gaining access to YOUR room. The sheets in the room stunk the bed slept awful. The drain in the bathroom sink took at least a half hour to let the water out. Seen several cockroaches in the hallway's leading into the room's. I cannot say enough bad about this hotel. Ruined our trip to VA beach. Dont know if I will ever go back because of this place. Our room was non-refundable, but we actually went looking for another hotel to stay at, at this point we didnt care about losing the money and all was booked. The state of VA. should condem this place. We left 1 day early to come home due to a stabbing/ robbery that took place a few blocks down at another hotel. PLEASE think about spening the extra money to stay somewhere else. I have never been anywhere and felt scared but here. Would not put my dog up in this hotel. We actually would leave and just drive around so we didnt have to be in and out of this place during the day. I hope this saves someone the heart-ache that me, my wife and my 4yr old had to deal with. I wish I had photos to attach of this place and I sure would all I have is outside pictures. which is greatly misleading.........STAY AWAY, STAY FAR AWAY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a variety of rooms to suit your needs, including penthouse suites with a Jacuzzi and kitchenette, rooms with private balconies and non-smoking rooms. Boost your energy with our free continental breakfast before lounging on our sundeck or diving into our outdoor(seasonal) pool. Free Wi-Fi Internet lets you go online from your laptop anywhere in the hotel. From guest laundry service to in-room microwaves and refrigerators, we provide all the amenities to make your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Travel Lodge Virginia Beach