“people expect too much” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
blue ridge, va
“people expect too much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

We have stayed here 2 years in a row. The hotel is older than the new condos down the street. But for the price you cannot beat this hotel. I have read complaints about the lobby too small? Who come to the beach to sit in a hotel lobby? I read the elevator is slow and the floor was wet...DUH its wet because you are at the beach! And sure it is only 1 elevator, but for 2 years in a row it never was out of order like I have had experience with at other hotels on the strip. I've read that the rooms were too small, again who comes to the beach to sit in a hotel room?? I think the 2 rooms were ok in size and gives privacy in case you have a family there. The breakfast is what I expect for a continental breakfast.... you can't get cavier on these rates people! Would I stay here again, of course I would plan to next year. It is right in the middle of beach streets, walking distance to every place I want to go. So if you don't like this place, you are expecting way too much for the money that you paid for a ocean front room at Virginia Beach. Go on down to the high rise condos and pay their rates. But remember you come to Virginia beach to go lay on the sand and play in the surf during the day and party at night, not to sit in a hotel room and complain about how small the lobby was. OH yeah and staff, I thought were very nice and took care of all our needs.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank inztigator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Dayton,Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed here for two nights the staff seemed to be very nice When we arrived at 10:00 am and check in is not until 4:00 pm they let us change so we could enjoy the pool a bit before we could check in. The room was clean, and the view was amazing the only thing this place needs are some updates the bathroom has only a shower and a toilet with not much (less than a foot) between them other than that was happy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

This place was awful do not stay at this place. It is disgusting and nasty
1909 Atlantic Ave, va beach

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NC, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

I saw the pictures online, and thought " This can't be so bad." Unfortunately, it was worse than bad. The rooms were small. The decor and colors of the room were ugly. The couch looked like it was from 1982, plus it felt and looked dirty. There was a hole in our bathroom wall. Our toilet seat was broke. We found old hamburger patties wrapped in foil in our refrigerator. The balcony window was cracked. We also could not get the wi-fi to work. What I really did not like was the loose rail on our balcony being heald by two rusty L-brackets. Not safe, especially with two small children. The only good thing I could say was the location was perfect.

Philippi,WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

I was so worried when I booked this hotel.I did read all the nasty comments and went with my gut and booked anyway. I am so glad we did. We were very pleased with everything. When we checked in the lady at the front desk was very nice and friendly. We braced ourselves as we entered the room, but was very pleased.The only problem we had was the parking is a little tight and it may take a few minutes to get the elevator. We were on vacation and was not in a real big hurry to get anywhere.We are planning to return next year.We stayed a whole week and hated to leave.Don't always belive what you read.Experience it yourself.It was well worth the money.Great location.Close to everything.Friendly staff.We could not ask for more.

Lynchburg, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

After all the negative reviews I read, I was scared to death to go to this hotel, I prayed all the way down there, but when i got there I was pleased, the room was spacious and very clean, the ocean view was great, it had all the things we needed and we were very pleased, we even had family down there and we got them a room right next door to us, we all had a great time and the price was great too. The staff was very nice too. I would stay there again and recommend it to friends and family.

NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

Need I say more...Im not picky and after reading other reviews I just thought you cant plz everyone, but MARK my words when I say ALL BAD REVIEWS tell NO LIES... I checked in with 2 very small children at 2:30 am...I opened the door to the room & walked right back out and checked out..The room was GROSS....Beds had stained sheets and comforters..mold in the room...and Disgustingly body hair all over the bathroom tub and toilet seat...I can go on and on...DONT watse your money...With Tax my room was $205...SHAME on them...Someone should call the HEALTH inspector on this HOTEL...Plz dont make same mistake as me.,..PICS are NOT EVEN close. They must have taken them 20 years ago. ITS an OLD RUNDOWN filthy place. Not even fit for PIGS...IN NEED OF work that is beyond repair...STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!