“Property Needs Considerable Improvement”

Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 9, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Sam P, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed April 9, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the worst place I have ever been in for a hotel. It is like a 40's hotel that has never been updated. The place smells. It is small and just uncomfortable to be in. We walked to another hotel a block away and booked a room. The pool had a brown-green scum on the bottom. The first thing when I got to the room I sat in the office chair and went over backwards to the floor. Caveat Emptor.

Room Tip: At some other hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a sincerely apology for your stay and the events described in your review. All of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and deodorized between guests but in this case it would appear that we may not have achieved success. If you would like to call the hotel and speak to me directly I would like to further learn from your experience and invite you to visit us later this season and offer us a chance to redeem ourselves in your mind.

Regards,
Travelodge Suites Oceanfront, Virginia Beach
S Patel
HR MANAGER
757 425-0650

Reviewed April 1, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Sam P, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Prebooked 4 nights(King Room) here through US Airways. First room I was given had a bucket collecting water from the ceiling. Second room was freezing cold with a gap of 2 inches on balcony door allowing wind to blow through - was told that the wind was blowing and there was nothing could be done.

I was shown 2 other rooms which had the same problem. 4th room appeared to be ok until I got into bed, water was dripping from the ceiling onto the pillow and had soaked the bed. the Front Desk worker had an attitude and suggested I could cancel by calling Expedia (who I hadn't booked through). I was reluctant to cancel as it was 34F and I had no car and was not prepared to go traipsing around VA Beach on foot in the cold.

I was finally given a room which although very cold, appeared to at least be dry. I contacted my supplier immediately to try and resolve the issue and was told the Manager of the hotel was out of town and not contactable. 2 weeks later I have still not been contacted as apparently the person who approves refunds is not available.

the rooms themselves are basic and while they have microwaves and fridges, there is not a cup or knife or spoon in the rooms. Bathroom is TINY with the vanity/sink located between the bedroom and living space. The Hevac system is not very efficient and there is a draft around the unit in the bedroom which had to be covered by a jacket to stop the breeze. Staff do not appear to be at all happy with the exception of one lady on the Front Desk who actually smiled once.....

At no point during my 4 day stay, did anyone reach out and ask how things were and if the room was satisfactory. I understand that things beyond a hotel's control can happen, however, there was a breakdown of communication between housekeeping/maintenance and the front desk and these rooms should never have been offered to accommodate a guest. My other issue is the patronising reaction of the Front Desk worker who repeatedly told me to calm down. I had every reason to be annoyed and at no point did I ever raise my voice or complain - all I wanted was a clean dry room which I had paid for and which had not been provided.

I also think that because I had pre-paid, no real effort was made in accommodating me nor have my airmiles been awarded to my account.

In summary, I would not return to this hotel nor would I recommend it. Location is good but that's about it. I expect a generic reply to my review from Management judging by other responses - Caveat Emptor.

Room Tip: ask to see and inspect rooms for damp
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

757 425-0650

Reviewed March 26, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Sam P, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Reviewed March 26, 2014