“Winter Night”

Ranked #90 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach
“Winter Night”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed the night due to inclement weather. We were going through an ice storm, in which I knew the day before and made reservations. I was disappointed with the lack of heat in the room. It took hours just to be able to take my coat off in the room. I paid for the room a day in advance, it would have been nice if the room heater was turned on before my 9pm arrival.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Sam P, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a sincerely apology for your stay and the events described in your review. All of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and deodorized between guests but in this case it would appear that we may not have achieved success. If you would like to call the hotel and speak to me directly I would like to further learn from your experience and invite you to visit us later this season and offer us a chance to redeem ourselves in your mind.

HR MANAGER
757 425-0650

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and i stayed there for 3 nights. We loved it. The ocean view we had from our room was breataking. Only downfall was how long it took for the room to warm up. Otherwise, no complaints. I would definately stay again

• Stayed March 2014
Sam P, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Let me thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a thank you for your comment(s) and I am glad that you had such a great experience. I hope to see you on a future visit at Travelodge Suites Oceanfront in Virginia Beach.

In closing, you could not be more right. As one of the most economical destination on the beach front we offer a clean, well run hotel. Many of our customers think our older building gives us character and it seems like we hit the right mark with you, thanks.

HR MANAGER
High View, West Virginia
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My mom, sister and I traveled to Virginia Beach for a wedding and ended up staying here. The room sounded nice (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room), but it turned out to be really gross.

cons- right outs our door smelled like urine all the time. The bathroom is about as big as a closet and everything is at a weird angle. It was impossible to get ready in and really dirty. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a door between the bedroom and living room. We stayed multiple days and the maid came in to give us two new towels. They have a pool, but that also wasn't clean. The continental breakfast consists of a table in the lobby with like 5 items on it. There are no table or chairs to sit in. The elevator is cramped and slow. There will probably be a line, so take the stairs.

Pros - it's disgusting, but the location is good. All the rooms face the ocean and it's a short distance down to the pier. Also, it's right on the boardwalk.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sam P, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 5, 2014

HR Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here Jan 25, 2014 and considering all the negative reviews I was hesitant but this is the cheapest oceanfront room you can get in Va Beach. I paid $47 plus tax. The front desk was friendly and they have brochures and take out menus which is very helpful.
The elevator is small but have no fear it does work or you can just use the stairs. The stairways were not smelly and dirty like other people said. The room appeared great at first glance. I didn't notice any problems until I investigated further. I appreciate the front desk telling me that it takes time to heat the room because it's an oceanfront room but the truth about that is that the doors to the outside oceanfront need to be replaced because they don't shut all the way tight.. There is no insulation to prevent cold air from coming into the room so you basically have to blast the heater at 85 or 90 degrees but thank god the heaters do work lol!
The tv's are flat screen but only 24' and the cable reception was not fuzzy as other people said. I liked the old school motor lodge layout I found a trick to keep the sleeping area warm which was to shut the door from the living room. The bathroom is indeed the smallest I've ever seen at an hotel/motel but the water was warm but the toilet did get clogged up easily but I was able to fix it. No worries there!
Not to be negative but the ice machines on the 2'nd and 6'th floor did not work but the fridge did indeed work but be careful to not leave bottles in there too long or they will freeze even though it seems like the fridge does not work but it does work indeed!
Here are the positives about this hotel. Location is perfect! The block, Peabody's is only a few blocks down and there is a 7-11 on 17'th and Pacific if u want some beer or drinks, snacks. Parking seemed ok even though I was on foot. Staff was very friendly and I even got a free Sunday Virginian Pilot when I check out Jan 26'th. The young lady at the front desk was very cool and nice. Lastly the view from the window was awesome but please be careful with that door so you don't get locked out on the balcony. Again those doors need to be replaced but just put something in between it to keep it open and your good to go. For what I paid I was happy. All good despite the things that do need to be fixed. Excellent value!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite on upper floors.