“Nice for price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Nice for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Room was cheap! Reservation messed up but they fixed it. Wear shoes carpet kinda sticky! Tub not so nice...smelled whole time we were there. Our room was hot no air conditioning due to the fact it was cold outside. Good room if your not picky though..

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank eriegurl67
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Let me thank you for taking the time to address these matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. After hearing from our customers we are making some great improvements to our hotel and rooms to make everyone's stay a little better. With fresh paint, some new sofas, flat screen TVs and repainted walkways around the hotel we making some big steps in the right direction. Having said, that I would like to extend a thank you for your comment(s) and I am glad that you had such a great experience. I hope to see you on a future visit at Travelodge Suites Oceanfront in Virginia Beach.

757 425-0650

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Rocky Mount
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Found out why this Hotel offered the cheapest Ocean Front Rates on the entire Beach. No HOT WATER period. It's really unpleasant to encounter cold showers every day, when the weather is not to great. When I told them at the front desk, I was told that they had it on the first floor (I was on the 7th) and that the Boiler was on the Roof above my floor. So I heated water in the Microwave for a basin bath.

Now for my next and final bad experience. I was there on business. I had reserved my room through the Wyndham Rewards Program that I belong to. I had reserved my room for four (4) nights. But, I found out that my trip was to be cut short after the third night. I proceeded to check-out after my third night and was told that due to 'Company Policy', I would be forced to pay for the entire amount and that I should have informed them 2 days prior that I was going to check-out early. They completely refused to refund my 4th night. So, when I turned my Receipts into the Main Office of my Employer (I used my Company Card to pay for the room), I informed them on this problem.

Needless to say, I was very dissatisfied with the Travelodge Inn & Suites at 1909 Atlantic Blvd. in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Room Tip: If you cannot afford to go elsewhere, make sure you get a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a sincerely apology for your stay and the events described in your review. As a hotel in a resort area we have a limited season therefore our policy on cancellation is one that we, as other hotels, enforce. We will certainly review our policy based upon your suggestion and consider giving the desk some latitude in this area. If you would like to call the hotel and speak to me directly I would like to further learn from your experience and invite you to visit us later this season and offer us a chance to redeem ourselves in your mind.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our third trip to va beach and second time staying here. Price was great. We returned here for the oceanfront balcony and the fact that it is a suite. It is an older building but our room was clean. Bed was comfy and linens and towels fresh. Continental breakfast was fine just what was expected. Although I would have liked a piece of fruit. Stayed 3 nights but never any fruit out. Staff very welcoming and friendly. There was a college fest that went on fri and sat which was loud;disruptive;etc.. not happy with this and I have to say it took away some enjoyment from our stay. but it isn't the hotels fault. The whole town was affected. We stayed for our anniversary..found out they have king suites that sound nice. Hope to return next yesr

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a thank you for your comment(s) and I am glad that you had such a great experience. I hope to see you on a future visit at Travelodge Suites Oceanfront in Virginia Beach.

Thank you for understanding the hotel had nothing to do with the college festival and the city is evaluating how best to handle that group next season. Your comments to the city would be appreciated if you have the time.