“This hotel needs a complete renovation and update.”

Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Rocky Mount
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Found out why this Hotel offered the cheapest Ocean Front Rates on the entire Beach. No HOT WATER period. It's really unpleasant to encounter cold showers every day, when the weather is not to great. When I told them at the front desk, I was told that they had it on the first floor (I was on the 7th) and that the Boiler was on the Roof above my floor. So I heated water in the Microwave for a basin bath.

Now for my next and final bad experience. I was there on business. I had reserved my room through the Wyndham Rewards Program that I belong to. I had reserved my room for four (4) nights. But, I found out that my trip was to be cut short after the third night. I proceeded to check-out after my third night and was told that due to 'Company Policy', I would be forced to pay for the entire amount and that I should have informed them 2 days prior that I was going to check-out early. They completely refused to refund my 4th night. So, when I turned my Receipts into the Main Office of my Employer (I used my Company Card to pay for the room), I informed them on this problem.

Needless to say, I was very dissatisfied with the Travelodge Inn & Suites at 1909 Atlantic Blvd. in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Room Tip: If you cannot afford to go elsewhere, make sure you get a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a sincerely apology for your stay and the events described in your review. As a hotel in a resort area we have a limited season therefore our policy on cancellation is one that we, as other hotels, enforce. We will certainly review our policy based upon your suggestion and consider giving the desk some latitude in this area. If you would like to call the hotel and speak to me directly I would like to further learn from your experience and invite you to visit us later this season and offer us a chance to redeem ourselves in your mind.

Regards,
Travelodge Suites Oceanfront, Virginia Beach
S Patel
AGM
757 425-0650
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our third trip to va beach and second time staying here. Price was great. We returned here for the oceanfront balcony and the fact that it is a suite. It is an older building but our room was clean. Bed was comfy and linens and towels fresh. Continental breakfast was fine just what was expected. Although I would have liked a piece of fruit. Stayed 3 nights but never any fruit out. Staff very welcoming and friendly. There was a college fest that went on fri and sat which was loud;disruptive;etc.. not happy with this and I have to say it took away some enjoyment from our stay. but it isn't the hotels fault. The whole town was affected. We stayed for our anniversary..found out they have king suites that sound nice. Hope to return next yesr

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a thank you for your comment(s) and I am glad that you had such a great experience. I hope to see you on a future visit at Travelodge Suites Oceanfront in Virginia Beach.

Thank you for understanding the hotel had nothing to do with the college festival and the city is evaluating how best to handle that group next season. Your comments to the city would be appreciated if you have the time.

Regards,
Travelodge Suites Oceanfront, Virginia Beach
S Patel
AGM
757 425-0650
Colonial Heights, Virginiia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'd just got back from the beach yesterday. I would like to address some other reviews I have read also.
First the elavator was broke when we arrived but fixed fairly fast. The guy that was suppose to help us take our things up the stairs, well we started without him after waiting we felt a reasonable time. He appeared our last trip up.
The people at the desk were nice. One lady was very friendly, the gentleman over the weekend was not rude but never acknowledged us or spoke as we were in and out. Being at the front desk representing the hotel I thought this was not impressive.
The breakfast was fresh and we enjoyed it. Just basics but it is a continential breakfast, better than some I have seen.
I love the set up of the room. Although the toilet is right next to a bed. We liked the things they provided such as the hair dryer, mircowave, two tv's. Tv and internet were fine. Linens smelt and looked clean, towels were soft,fluffy, smelt and appeared clean, maybe even new.
The microwave, frig were clean but as always I wiped down everything in lyesol, no matter where I go, especially remotes, knobs, everything. This just took extra time and wiped far more.
I felt their cleaning was very basic. The woodwork and floor edges were very dirty. A lamp that looked really bad just needed to be wiped down and a fresh coat of paint. This place could be so nice. It is old but to me that does not matter if it is taken care of, this place was probably really great in its time but has at some point, looks as if it has been neglected... elbow grease, meaning a really good cleaning and some paint would do wonders!!! We covered the sofa with a couple of clean sheets, used our own pillows and bedding on top of theirs though. something on the carpet so we threw a sheet over that too. When you see so much not done you don't want to be fooled but something you can't see. Anyone that got that room after we left I would bet got the cleanest room in the hotel. Oh and huge gap around balcony door, did not hurt us but kept the heater running like crazy. Plenty of hot water, toilet flushed fine.
What it heeds is, professional maintenance, professional cleaning, and professional service and this could so nice!!! Even the furniture in the lobby was dirty. So much neglected potential !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for sparing your time in completing our Feedback Form and bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in our service and hope you are satisfied with the corrective action taken by us. Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.
We apologize for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors
If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to call us 7574250650.
Sincerely