Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Capes Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
19 Atlantic Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)
Dolphin Inn(Virginia Beach)
1,193 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Over all the stay and facility was fair. Bathrooms were small, most light switches were inoperative. The elevator broke down the second day of our trip and was still not functional by our departure date 5 days later. Real rough on those with rooms on upper most floors!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574250650.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I knew starting out that it was a very inexpensive compared to other hotels and had no expectation for a 3 star hotel. During check in is when we were told the elevator was not working, but luckily we were given a room on the 2nd floor; others were not so lucky. We picked the hotel because it had a pool and had hoped to use the pool because we had a 2 year old with us that was afraid of the ocean. The day we arrived was a beautiful day in the 70's, but the pool was locked. The bathroom was cramped, but otherwise the room was acceptable. What really ruined the stay was the person(s) yelling and cussing during the night. The person was in the parking lot area and it echoed, so almost in stereo. No staff person ever intervened or checked on the situation because he continued for an hour. Once he left the parking lot he continued the noise in his room and on the balcony. In short I would stay there again but not during the summer months when the price is higher.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We recently stayed at the Travelodge oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA to celebrate a wedding anniversary as well as to enjoy the Neptune Festival. First, I would like to say that I have stayed at some Wyndham brand hotels with great success but this was by far the worst.The website is very misleading as the rooms are not up to standard. I don't know when those photos were taken to represent the facility but they are not accurate. The springs in the pull out sofa were broken and the mattress cover still did not look clean enough. The room conditions were not impressive but we needed some place to stay and since this was Neptune Festival week, we were hard pressed to find ocean front rooms. That was one reason why we made the reservation so far in advance. The room, in fact the hotel itself needs some renovating. The elevator was in operational the last two days of our 4 days there. And needless to say it wasn't fixed by the time we left. Climbing up and down 6 flights of stairs anytime we wanted to go anyway was not the answer. The hotel did try to appease the guests by giving a percentage off the room rates but that was only after a lot of the guests were complaining and some actually checked out. That did not compensate for the trouble of climbing those stairs nor the condition of the rooms. We came to the beach to enjoy the view, in which, I will say that is one positive that the "hotel" does have going for it, the view and the close proximity to everything. That's one reason why we chose it. I know the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, but I was expecting to have gotten some quality, but no.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574250650.
S Patel AGM
TRAVELODGE

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had read the reviews on this hotel and some of them scared me. We went on a Thursday and stayed thur Saturday. My room was on the Seven floor it was nice had a privated balony and the bathroom was small , but our bedroom worked out for us we had a king side bed so lots of room and the bed was comfort. We enjoyed the view to just look out in the ocean see dolphins and hear the planes overhead. The only thing was the elevator was small and kind of scared me. but overall we enjoyed our visited and i plan on useing this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NATASHA M
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Reviewed September 25, 2012

to tell you the truthg it wasnt all that bad the front desk was nice and the maintenance man was on his job. i read somewhere on another review that he was rude but to me that didnt fit his demeanor at all so whoever you are dont lie just because your room wasnt up to par as you expected the travelodge isnt the marriot now. the hotel room was ok not the best but what do you expect for the price they are doing alot of renovation work this winter so hopefuly when i come back they will have all there issues fixed up. thank you again and have a nice day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012