“Just Right!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Just Right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

When I booked this hotel last summer I already knew it wasn't the best at the beach, but I also knew it wasn't the worst at the beach. I actually enjoyed every day I was there. For what I paid for, a lovely 3 day weekend at the Oceanfront, this hotel really delivered. The room was clean. Staff friendly. I'm returning again and staying longer this summer. I can't wait!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Heartbreak_Girl
travelodge19, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2012

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574250650.

S patel
TRAVELODGE SUITES

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there may 2012...last time EVERY! We were there four days and we would come back, from a day on a beach, to the same dirty towels we left in the room! They only come to our room twice. One time for towels and once because I left my cell in the room after returning the room key...which reminds me!!.. DURING our attempt to load and go home; some either threw up on my car and a van, from the balcony and crapped on the road below or.. I don't no, but the only thing they did was offer a hose. There was a nice older guy named Joe, he was great but that place is horrible!!! we stayed there last year at around the same time..storm hit break glass doors and knocks out power for like 12 hours..they only handed out virgin mary candles! Nothing against her but just a candle! WOW! Never again!

• Stayed May 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Let me start off my review by saying the staff was very courteous...but the hotel itself was in poor condition. Our room had a stale, almost moldy odor. Although it may have been clean, I would not even sit on the couch without putting a spread over it - very old and faded. The TV reception was the WORST I have seen in years - very snowy picture. The bathroom was teeny tiny, and the bedroom closet was behind the door, which was most inconvenient. The price was right, but we will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
comments and issues will be addressed.

It is ourhope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Over the years I have stayed in many cheaper hotels, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Without a doubt, this was the nastiest hotel I ever had the displeasure of staying in. Where do i even begin when listing the faults of this property?

The elevator was scary, both unclean, and in poor repair. Does anyone inspect these in VA?
The lobby smelled of sour milk and/or urine
The bedroom A/C did not work.
There was used gum on a lamp and on a wall
The tub was stained with grime and cigarette burns, I wore sandals in the shower.
One lamp was missing a light bulb.
The room was non-smoking, yet had ashtrays.
The beds were not very comfortable, could feel springs
The walls must be paper thin, I could clearly hear every car on Atlantic Ave, random screaming throughout the night, and of course, Zoltar.
The ceiling was missing covers for sprinkler pipes
The walls were stained
Porch chairs were moldy and covered in dirt

Overall, though it may be cheap and right on the beach, if you really want to enjoy your hard earned vacation, consider spending a little extra on a room that will allow you to actually have a vacation from the realities of life.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

travelodge19, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly

Poland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Checked in on thursday without a problem. The elevator was noisy and the door scratched against the inside of the door opening. The room looked nice and it looked like it came out of the 1960s which was ok, but the sink area had bugs crowling all over it. Took 2 day of us spraying rouch killer to get rid of most of the bugs. Now the room smelled like bug spray. Thay were kind enoughf to give us the bug spray.. I give credit to the cleaning people because they cleaned the best they could. I guess the bugs hid when they were there.

Room Tip: " A great view of the ocean"
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
travelodge19, Manager at Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize that your experience was anything less thansatisfying.

Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and everyguest we

serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay aspleasant

and comfortable as possible.In addition, please know thatyour

comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity toserve you.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stayand hope to

see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contactme directly

Marlton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were a little nervous after reading other reviews. We found everyone on the staff to be friendly. Room was outdated, but clean. This was a good deal for the price. It was right on the beach, had a great view, a fridge and microwave. It was two rooms, which is great if you have kids. We would definitely stay again. Would have liked fruit or yogurt for breakfast and the coffee ran out both days we were there, but they made more when notified

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

PH(757)425-0650 FAX(757)425-8898
EMAIL: guest.travelodge@gmail.com
West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I checked in on Friday, April 27, 2012 and planned to stay until Sunday, April 29th. We were kept up all night by the noise in the halls--it sounded as if there was all night parties going on. We heard conversations as plain as day while lying in bed trying to watch tv AND our air conditioner on! Needless to say, I was up at 6:30 am on Saturday morning and asking the front desk attendent if I could get my money back for Saturday night if I check out by 11am. She said yes and my husband & I hurried up and got our stuff and got out of there and found another hotel on the north end. I just don't understand why it costs us $126 and some change for this place, when we went north up the street and paid approximately $30 more for very nice accomodations with plenty of amenities, toiletries, jacuzzi tub and 3 elevators.

Only 2 small bars of soap and 2 small shampoos were randomly laying on the side of the tub. No plug in the tub for a bath, but it looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in years. When we went to put our stuff in the fridge, it had been unplugged and when we plugged it in it took forever to cool down. The table to eat on leaned easily when touched. The carpet was still dirty-when I walked on it after my shower, I picked up a lot of dirt that was missed by the vacuum.

This property is in desperate need of renovations, sound proof walls and house maids that know how to clean rooms properly. With all the "party crowd" keeping the only elevator and stair wells busy, I didn't feel one bit safe.

Also, the exit to drive your vehicle out of was blocked by parked cars all night.

If you are young, or just love to party this may well be the place for you to stay. If not, I suggest looking at the places on the North end of the beach.

The owners need to call the Hotel Impossible guy in and listen to him-carefully!

Room Tip: don't bother booking here if you are a person/couple/family looking for a decent quiet place-go...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank I-love-Va-Beach-2010
comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly