“Worst Service Ever”

Travelodge Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #90 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 3, 2011

When you spend $160.00 a night you would at least expect good service. The service at this hotel is the worst I have ever experienced. Upon checking in the guy at the front desk became very rude and upset when we questioned our bill. He did not want to take the time to explain why we were quoted one price and had to pay another. Also, when it was time for the room to be cleaned all that they did was throw the blankets over the UN-made sheets. When we called the front desk to inquire if they were finished or were coming back the guy asked "what do you want? Everything?" When the maid and the guy arrived at the room they tossed the vacuum into the room and pointed at it as if we were supposed to vacuum the floor. To top it off there is no inspection in the old rickety elevator, and the balcony rail was secured with twine. That's right TWINE !!!! Take my advise stay as far away from this place as possible!!!

Room Tip: Don't get room 311!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I had read so many bad reviews I went in their ready to expect the worse..honestly it was pretty bad..As soon as I walked in the room it smelled like humidity, the light was broken, the couches ripped and stained..heading into the master bedroom I noticed the a/c machine made to much noise to even be able to sleep, the pillows look dirty..when taking a shower I noticed all the water leaked from the tub..the best part of this stay was the balcony where I could see the ocean..Last thing is the elevator is slow and needs major work..I do not recommend to anybody..

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank ehs1985
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We were afraid that the place had damage from hurricane Irene, and they did receve some. But the stay was great. I can't beleive most of the reviews we read about this place. Who comes to the beach and spends any time in the room for one. I read where people complained about the elevator being creepy? Sure the door scraped when shutting but it was fast and I never had to wait more than a minute or two for it. As for the wet floor maybe you or your kids wet bathing suit dripping in it made it that way? Sure it is an older hotel and could stand a make over, but then the rates we pay would double. Location on the beach and Alantic Ave is great. Parking works out good. The staff was excellent and very friendly. The rooms were quiet, never heard anything from another room, but could here a band across the road and it quiet down before we went to bed.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor great view up and down the board walk.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank inztigator
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The price was good for an oceanfront hotel. The room was neat but greatly in need of renovations. The couch needed to be steam cleaned but overall it was just okay. I would probably not stay again due to not feeling comfortable with the cleanliness. The maid did a good job in what she was required to do, but it was in great need of a good steam cleaning. Breakfast was adequate. Location was excellent.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

My family and I checked into the travelodge suites located at 1909 Atlantic ave Virginia beach Va 23451 on 8/11/11. The hotel was so dirty we checked out the very next day and would have done so that night if any thing else was open. I am bring this to your attention because of one stand out horror. The pillow on the bed was covered in blood. The room in general was dirty including hair all over the bathtub,the toilet seat was broken, the light bulbs burned out and trash stuffed into the sofa.The blood soaked pillow was the worst. I wanted to file am complaint so this place can be checked out no one should be staying here.Fortunately we had the money to find another hotel but I cannot imagine that the case for everyone.The hotel was located at 1909 Atlantic ave 23451

2  Thank slrobertson01
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was looking for a hotel on the beach that was not outrageously priced for a quick last minute getaway. I booked this hotel because the price was right but boy was I
sadly disappointed. The only thing good about this place is the location, other than that it sucks. The rooms are small, very out dated with furniture with multiple scratches, wear and tear which is evident. The bathroom is so small you can barely fit in and close the door. The paint job looks like someone just threw the paint up against the walls. It is evident that there hasn't been much upkeep here. This is the first time I have stayed at a Wyndham property and if this is any indication of how their properties are maintained, I won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Another hotel
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Can't recommend this one. Even though it's an older hotel, you can tell the owners/mgnt didn't even try to keep it nice. Feels like a cave, bad paint job, broken furniture, old rugs, scary elevator, etc... How about some nice pictures on the wall, a deep cleaning, etc? It doesn't need to be a 4 star, just give it a little effort to make it a nice economical family option and not just a place to take someone's money.

2  Thank Scott444