“One of the most fascinating places on Earth”

Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association for Research and Enlightenment
Ranked #13 of 122 things to do in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the fascinating work of Edgar Cayce, documented psychic and the "father of holistic medicine." Founded in 1931 to research and explore transpersonal subjects such as holistic health, ancient mysteries, personal spirituality, dreams, philosophy, reincarnation, and intuition. Join us daily for free lecture, film and tour. Visit our library, bookstore and gift shop, relaxing meditation garden, or stone labyrinth. Enjoy a healthy meal at the Leaping Lizard Café or relax in our holistic spa. Visit our Web site for a full schedule of events for our non-profit organization.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“One of the most fascinating places on Earth”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Unless you find psychic phenomena disturbing, this is a must-see. Even if you don't think it is real, there is so much strange history and information here, that you would never forget your visit. The bookstore, library, events, gardens and the enthusiastic friendliness of the staff and volunteers make this a most intriguing stop.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank bgandl1

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Get Enlighten”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great place to learn and be enlighten. Great book store, massages and classes. They have many conferences and topics from you to choose from.

Visited June 2013
Fairmont, West Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Just strolled in the door and was treated so friendly!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Our first time there this past week... We knew a little about Mr. Cayce before we walked in ..but came out with so much interesting info about his life and his thinking......
All the staff was so friendly.. we attended a movie.. then a guided tour of the center. ALL FREE! You may want to join their mailing lists and become a member for a small fee.... NO pressure is put on you! If you can make the time DO stop in and look around. I wish I would have done this years ago... I loved it!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Rivergirl
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Different”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went with my friend and we did the couples massage. I would highly recommend a female versus the two men that we got. Well actually it was just one of the guys that made both of us feel uncomfortable. He seemed a little weird... spooky!! I have always gotten a colonic here because its the only place that I know that does it in the area. Very holistic atmosphere. Nice staff.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MsThang757
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very spiritual journey”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I liked everything from the moment you enter the complex. Great indoor and outdoor atmosphere, lot to learn, perfect for relaxation.
I found a lot of peace and good vibes, very informative....

Visited January 2014

Travelers who viewed Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association for Research and Enlightenment also viewed

Been to Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association for Research and Enlightenment? Share your experiences!