Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association for Research and Enlightenment
Ranked #13 of 125 things to do in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the fascinating work of Edgar Cayce, documented psychic and the "father of holistic medicine." Founded in 1931 to research and explore transpersonal subjects such as holistic health, ancient mysteries, personal spirituality, dreams, philosophy, reincarnation, and intuition. Join us daily for free lecture, film and tour. Visit our library, bookstore and gift shop, relaxing meditation garden, or stone labyrinth. Enjoy a healthy meal at the Leaping Lizard Café or relax in our holistic spa. Visit our Web site for a full schedule of events for our non-profit organization.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I am planning my vacations around this place now! If you are spiritually minded this is a gem. The prayer room is outstanding and has the most amazing view! The library is rare and deserves a few hours to sift through, but do yourself a favor and buy a membership to take advantage of all this knowledge. The labrynth is outstanding as well as the reflexolgy foot walk nearby. Beautiful gift shop. I had a really good massage at the spa (I myself am a massage therapist as well). And while I have not been able to attend any workshops or classes there is an excellent variety of them available. I only wish they had a small cafe with healthy "Edgar Cayce Readings Approved" foods.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stopped in to check out the bookstore. We weren't there at a time when they were having a class, but have been before and found them very informative and fun. Great bookstore and meditation garden with bamboo walking path.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I loved the gift shop! They have a great selection of metaphysical books... lots of candles... crystals...cd's and oils. The upstairs library has thousands of books to choose from and the meditation room that looks out over the ocean is serene. The A.R.E. offers great seminars that will not disappoint the seeker. I love this place!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I enjoy going to the center's top floor meditation room. The view is beautiful. They offer free lectures and classes. The bookstore is also a gem. For those who enjoy medical research, they have a wonderful library. Take time to walk the grounds too!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We visit regularly, once or twice a year. Consistently good service at both ARE and the Heritage Center. Highly skilled workers; incredible library; membership benefits are excellent value.

Travelers who viewed Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association for Research and Enlightenment also viewed

Been to Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association for Research and Enlightenment? Share your experiences!