3 people are viewing this hotel
$134
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$134
Priceline
$125
Hotels.com$134
FindHotel$134
CheapTickets$134
1,019 results
All reviews outdoor pool the north end front desk courtyard by marriott breakfast buffet living area the entire hotel ocean view off season one bedroom suite mini fridge the entire staff lobby balcony housekeeping vb sand
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I had mixed feelings coming here because of the mixed reviews on this website. When I finally arrived, I was pleasantly impressed by the clean, modern and friendly atmosphere. As requested, we stayed in a high floor King size guest room. The balcony (small though) was very nice and almost worth the price of the room (a bit pricey but oceanfront room so what do you expect?) The view was spectucular each and every morning. The room itself was very clean and spacious. The area in and around the hotel was very nice and tranquil. It definitely is the quieter part of the beach/boardwalk but still had it's fair share of visitors. Even though the beach was nice, I enjoyed the pool more (it was more refreshing with the waterfalls). The water was a bit cool but once you got in, it was perfect. The pool inside was tiny. Not worth it if its too nice and hot outside, better at the outside pool. If I had to complain about something, it would be nice if there was complientary breakfast each day! We ate once in the Ocean Grill restaurant for breakfast it was a reasonable ($9.99 buffet) plus they gave you a 25% coupon upon check in. I would stay here again if I come around the area again. Not much to do on the strip unless you into corny entertainment! or quick fix foods (a lot of seafood places if your into that) Your better off driving a few miles to go a mall or a nice restaurant which we did.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank blades01
Reviewed July 10, 2007

After last year's disaster at the Four Sails, we were looking for cleanliness - at any price. We found it at the Courtyard, for $366/night ($320+tax).
This place is squeaky clean. The one bedroom unit is very spacious (~550sqft) and relatively well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The view from the 11th floor is outstanding. The location is at the north end of the boardwalk, i.e. the "quiet" area, if there is such a thing.
Unfortunately, this steep price does not include breakfast, or I would have given it an "excellent" rating. Luckily, there is a breakfast place (Pocahontas) just down the street, where you can supersize yourself and go into cholesterol shock for a reasonable price.
This hotel does not leave much to criticize, but there are some improvement opportunities:
- the fridge is a "mini", i.e. ice cream lovers are out of luck
- the kitchen equipment consists of a tiny coffee maker, two coffee mugs and two drinking glasses - bring your own paper plates and plastic cutlery
- parking is in an open lot across the street, not covered
- incredibly, there is no safe in the room; if you're lucky, you can score a lockbox at the front desk at no charge
- internet access is somewhat sluggish
Overall a great place to stay, but given the above (admittedly minor) annoyances, I am not entirely convinced of the price/value ratio.

Date of stay: July 2007
6  Thank krauty
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We were so pleased with our stay at this particular Marriott. We called ahead to request a low level floor. Tom couldn't promise that we'd get one...but we did! Check in was a breeze, our room was ready, clean, and nice. The valets were awesome...real sports! We received plenty of towels, shampoo, soaps, etc. The hotel is located on a nice part of the boardwalk, with close access to live music. Two negatives would be the cold pool water...as you can read in almost all other reviews, and no access to the beach from the lobby. It felt kind of strange walking in and out of fire exits to get to your room. As always, a real pleasure Marriott.

Date of stay: July 2007
2  Thank NancyTravlMore
Reviewed July 5, 2007

We had a hard time selecting a hotel for our vacation but decided on the Courtyard Marriott because of reputation. We were very happy with our choice considering the Courtyard Marriott North has, in our opinion, the best location on the beach! When we were driving up Atlantic off the highway and saw the crowds and bars on the strip we were concerned until we realized that north beach is much quieter and more family oriented yet close enough to walk to whatever you need, even with young children. The beach was extremely clean and the views from our 11th floor queen suite were magnificent. We agree with previous reviewers that the outdoor pool is beautiful yet horribly cold and my kids couldn't swim in it and they swim anywhere! However, who needs a pool when you have the ocean right outside your hotel! Other reviewers also mentioned the elevator problems which we also encountered but we were never kept waiting for any terrible amount of time. I do think the hotel needs to consider installing a service elevator since my family and I had to share an elevator ride with a large container of smelly garbage on one awful ride. We often had to squeeze in to allow maintenance men and equipment to ride with us as well as housekeeping and other staff with their large carts. Better planning for this type of traffic would have been greatly appreciated but not a reason to avoid this hotel.

4  Thank lak0812
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I stayed two nights with my family at the Courtyard Marriott. We had a room on the 11th floor with a beautiful view of the ocean. The staff was friendly and we had a great time. I would definately recommend the hotel to anyone with a family.

2  Thank paullv