Lowest prices for your stay
$134
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$134
Priceline
$125
Hotels.com$134
FindHotel$134
CheapTickets$134
1,019 results
All reviews outdoor pool the north end front desk courtyard by marriott breakfast buffet living area the entire hotel ocean view off season one bedroom suite mini fridge the entire staff lobby balcony housekeeping vb sand
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2007

We had a hard time selecting a hotel for our vacation but decided on the Courtyard Marriott because of reputation. We were very happy with our choice considering the Courtyard Marriott North has, in our opinion, the best location on the beach! When we were driving up Atlantic off the highway and saw the crowds and bars on the strip we were concerned until we realized that north beach is much quieter and more family oriented yet close enough to walk to whatever you need, even with young children. The beach was extremely clean and the views from our 11th floor queen suite were magnificent. We agree with previous reviewers that the outdoor pool is beautiful yet horribly cold and my kids couldn't swim in it and they swim anywhere! However, who needs a pool when you have the ocean right outside your hotel! Other reviewers also mentioned the elevator problems which we also encountered but we were never kept waiting for any terrible amount of time. I do think the hotel needs to consider installing a service elevator since my family and I had to share an elevator ride with a large container of smelly garbage on one awful ride. We often had to squeeze in to allow maintenance men and equipment to ride with us as well as housekeeping and other staff with their large carts. Better planning for this type of traffic would have been greatly appreciated but not a reason to avoid this hotel.

4  Thank lak0812
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I stayed two nights with my family at the Courtyard Marriott. We had a room on the 11th floor with a beautiful view of the ocean. The staff was friendly and we had a great time. I would definately recommend the hotel to anyone with a family.

2  Thank paullv
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Beautiful lobby and views from all of the rooms. However, the most impressive part of this hotel was the outdoor pool -- fantastic setting with rock formations, waterfalls and a slide -- which was UNBELIEVABLY cold and almost completely unusable! The indoor pool was
small and not that well heated either.<br>

We stayed in a corner suite so there were windows on 3 sides and great views of the outdoor pool and the beach. The room was clean but
things did seem to go missing each time it was cleaned -- bedding for
the pull-out couch, a blanket, some pillows. All promptly replaced when we reported it. The valets were all very nice and helpful and friendly to our 2 children. Access to the beach was great -- right outside the back door of the hotel with a convenient shower for beach
sand.

7  Thank brunswick4
Reviewed June 14, 2007

OUTDOOR POOL: COLD!!!
I have to admit, I read other tripadvisor reviews stating that the outdoor pool was cold, so I warned my family. Cold is an understatement. It was absolutely bone chilling. I can't believe an outdoor oasis (probably the prettiest outdoor pool setting on the beach) does not have a heated pool! :-(

POOLSIDE FOOD AND BAR:
Chicken fingers and french fries were fine.
Bartender did not really know how to make a pina colada or margerita. Bar uses Aristocrat liquor, probably the lowest priced of the low prices liquors. The young French bartender was rude. :-(

LOBBY:
Beautiful, well aportioned nicely decorated with fireplace, open seating area, breakfast area (not complimentary). They do provide complimentary coffee which was not bad!

CHECK-IN:
We were a few hours early for checkin. When we arrived they did not have the room ready. Reception said they would call me on my cell phone when it was ready. A few hours passed and we spent time on boardwalk. Rented a "4 person bicycle" (I do not advise doing this, it was way too hard to peddle). Hours passed by, so I decided to go back in and ask them if it was ready. At this point our room had been ready, but they failed to call my cell phone as they had promised. :-(

RATE:
We payed full rack rate for memorial day weekend. I expected this, and we had a great time and got our money's worth. I do find it unfortunate that they would not honor my AAA discount. :-(

ROOM:
Had no problems with our standard room. 2 queen beds were fine, air conditioning functioned properly, view was breathtaking. Woke up each morning to dozens of dolphins outside in the ocean. Room and bathroom were sufficiently clean.

HOTEL LOCATION:
For what *we* wanted, this location was absolutely perfect. The northern end of the beach offers a little more peace and quiet than the southern end. At the southern end, there seemed to be more riff-raff. We used the trolley service to get to multiple breakfast & dinner locations, as well as just sightseeing. Rode down to Rudee Inlet and back. Highly recommend using the trolley for transportation.

BREAKFAST:
Pocohantas Breakfast: Wife had French Toast which looked acceptable. I had the worst biscuits and gravy ever. Also, was originally overcharged until they fixed it. Be sure to check your bill closely.

DINNER:
Tautogs Restaurant: [--]
FANTASTIC DINNER on the front porch at this little dive. Its an old beach house turned into restaurant. The menu was excellent, my crabcake was stunning. Wife had "flounder in a bag" that was unfortunately overdone and chewy. Fresh herb toasted bread was served piping hot and delicious. My 2 ryr old has food allergies, so they made a fantastic veggie pizza without cheese (milk allergy). Prices were incredibly reasonable. Evidentally this is a local favorite, and a favorite of tourists "in the know". A+

INDOOR POOL:
Way too small and disgustingly dirty. Hair and oil floating everywhere. Barely any warmer than the outdoor pool! Hot tub was foaming and had hair everywhere.

I've gone to Virginia Beach for 30 years. They have cleaned up the beach and it's once again a pleasant place to stay.

Stay away from the new Hilton area, as there are so many people staying there that the beach is WAY overcrowded.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel, but I will say this. I won't go back until I find out that the Courtyard Marriott has added a heater to the pool. It was brutally cold. You know its cold when our 9 year old won't use it!

Date of stay: May 2007
7  Thank newred
Reviewed June 10, 2007

We stayed 4 nights with a 1 and 4 year old in a queen suite on the 8th floor. The view was spectacular and the hotel was located on the "nicer", quieter end of the boardwalk. I thought the area got a little rowdy south of 25th street and a little nicer at 30th and points north. The beach was great and my kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The outdoor pool was too cold to even dip your toes in. The breakfast buffet was worth the price and was a convenient way to begin the day. The elevator wait was nothing I would complain about. The staff was extremely nice, knowledgeable, and accomodating and the hotel had a little market with toilettries, drinks, and ice cream which was nice.

I agree the trolly system is overrated because many times we had to wait for trolly layovers and would just walk instead. Our family had no trouble walking to 30th street where there was nightly entertainment. We did walk to 17th one day and that became a hike. The next day we rented a family bike for a couple of hours and rode down the boardwalk instead. Our kids enjoyed the Navy jets that flew over the hotel throughout the day and night. I could see the noise becoming annoying for the locals but it added entertainment to our trip and I didn't notice them when the windows were closed. I also recommend a day at Ocean Breeze Waterpark. It had something for children of all ages. The Aquarium was disappointing. (the trolly will take you to both if you do not have a car). For dinner, we liked Doughboys Pizza. Good food and great service!

Overall, I would definitely come back to this hotel. I loved the layout of the hotel with all oceanfront rooms where you can sit out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and watch the dolphins before your kids wake up. It was a great time for the whole family!

6  Thank EJMK