“best hotel on the beach”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“best hotel on the beach”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

service is excellent. every single employee we encountered went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. great place to leave your balcony door open and be lulled to sleep by the ocean waves all night long. see the dolphins every morning swimming in front of your balcony.

Room Tip: get as high up as possible
Green Features: sorry that there was no recycling i would rather have plastic glasses because of the danger of glass breaking on hard surfaces also the sanitary feature.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. That's very exciting that you enjoyed our excellent service and friendly staff. I too enjoy watching the dolphins swim by throughout the day. Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope you are able to visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

visiting on a business trip, had a great experience with the hotel and staff at the Courtyard Marriott. Hotel was in great area, rooms were nice and clean, breakfast was awesome and very friendly/helpful staff. (remember to ask for Drew at the front desk-great employee), he will definitely be most helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cane33candy
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you had such a great time with us! Drew is very excited to hear that you enjoyed his friendly service. Thank you again and I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to Virginia Beach and really enjoyed ourselves.

All of the rooms face the ocean, so the views are great. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It's right on the edge of where the action is, so the beach life is fun and there was much to do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. Our location is on the northern side of the oceanfront which offers a variety of restaurants and beach fun. I am glad you were able to enjoy our ocean-front balconies! I hope you are able to stay with us again soon. Have a great rest of your summer!
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel since the summer it opened about eleven years ago. While some beach hotels start looking a bit shopworn after a decade, the management of the Courtyard North has continued to keep the property fresh and looking (and smelling!) like brand new. Our visit this month was outstanding, and we have already reserved for an upcoming August visit as well. Juanita handles housekeeping on the tenth floor, and she is wonderful. In fact, the entire staff is wonderful - from Victoria, the college student working for the summer at the breakfast buffet, to Mr. Sam - an original employee from the get-go. The valets always welcome you at the door, and the folks at the front desk wave as you come in. Everyone that works there asks if you are enjoying your stay, and they greet you with a big smile. It is quite simply the perfect family resort. The pool is fantastic. The beds are very comfortable, and the halls are quiet. It's nicely located at the desirable North end of the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. Who could ask for more? I doubt if any hotel at Virginia Beach has as many repeat guests. Book it and enjoy!

Room Tip: We like the high floors because all you see out the window is ocean. If you have small children and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us over the years and taking the time to review our hotel! I am very excited to hear you have enjoyed our friendly staff and amenities over the years. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I know our staff is delighted to hear that you remember their names. Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope you have a great rest of the summer and we will see you again next year!
Springfield, Virginia, USA
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family checked in on 6/1. Let me tell you... This was one of the few times I've been to a hotel where 100% of the staff was truly amazing. As soon as we pulled up, the valet was very nice and got us a cart because we had tons of stuff with us (chairs, umbrella, coolers, beach tent, you name it). When we got inside we were informed our room was not ready and that they would call us when it was. Not a problem since we got there early anyway after having lunch at the new Jollibee! Yes, I am Filipino...

A very nice young woman named, Megan, checked us in and provided EXCELLENT service! She even called up to our room 10 min later to make sure everything was to our liking. The oceanfront room had a balcony with an awesome view. After hitting the beach, we rinsed off all the sand and put our stuff in the room. We then headed for the pool. The female bartender was really cool and made some awesome watermelon mojitos! Also, the female lifegaurd on duty was nice enough to bring us some towels because we neglected to bring any with us. The property has a beautiful outdoor pool with rock formations, waterfalls, and little water slide for the kids. They have an indoor pool and whirlpool as well.

For dinner, we were all seriously tired and just decided to order delivery. The restaurant didn't provide any plates so I made a quick call downstairs. I spoke with James and he said "Just come on down, we've got plenty here!". The next morning when we checked out, we dealt with another valet who was just as helpful and pleasant as the gentleman we encountered the day before. All in all, a fantastic stay thanks to the wonderful staff at this hotel. We will definitely be staying at this property in the future! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a quieter alternative to Ocean City... No offense to OC, but I am at a different stage in my life where I want peace and quiet!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel! Your comments are incredible to hear. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our pool bar, complimentary valet, and the great view. Thank you for your appreciation of our excellent service and friendly staff. I hope you are able to visit us again!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband & I live in the area & decided to get away for a night - we couldn't have picked a better location. The Valet Trainer, Josh , was very personable & helpful. My front desk clerk, James, was super friendly & even gave us the option to pick what floor we wanted. For a night cap, we wandered down to the bar & Lena was so bubbly & refreshing - it truly made it feel like we were on a vacation, even if it was just for the night!
Our room faced the ocean front & was absolutely perfect. We had plenty of towels & coffee for the morning. The North location is so much more peaceful & relaxing than being in the middle of the strip. I was pleased that I could just check-out from the room instead of waiting at the Front desk. I hope the Management team knows what great people they have!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KGonzbo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It's very exciting that you had a great time at our Bistro and enjoyed our front desk staff. Thank you for your letting us know what great staff we have and your comments will not go unrecognized. The team is delighted that you felt very welcomed and enjoyed our customer service. Have a great rest of the summer!
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff. It located just few blocks north from great restaurants and night life. It was cold when we visit but very romantic. Every room faces the beach so it is perfect. Thank you Courtyard!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank LuisDC
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We have every room with an oceanfront balcony. I am glad you enjoyed the location and our great staff! I hope you are able to visit again soon. Have a great rest of your summer!