Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
$199
Country Inn
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$304
$167
$217
$189
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$246
$217
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
ComfortInn
$202
$184
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$96
$92
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
ComfortSuites
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$121
$116
Travelocity
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$123
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolthe north endcourtyard marriottfront deskquieter northpoolside barcorner suitequiet endbreakfast buffetrooms face the oceanocean viewoff seasonacross the streetthe entire hotelliving areamini fridgestaying at this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This Courtyard is located right on the beach, but not quite in the middle of the action (not necessarily a bad thing, but I did have to drive to restaurants, etc.). Rooms are nice and well appointed. My sink had some drainage issues, but not a show stopper. The balconies are right next to each other so no privacy, but you do overlook the ocean. Two areas for improvement: the Starbucks on site is horribly slow and unorganized. I waited over 20 minutes for a coffee because there was only one worker there. Not good. Even though it was Spring break I was there for business and didn't have time to wait that long. The other area for improvement is communication: we had a blackout one evening during my stay. Nobody knew what to do and it caused a lot of people to panic. There has to be some business continuity plan in place that the employees should know about. Overall, not bad but would pick the other Courtyard next time.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank woozel
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I want to thank you for your kind comments about our rooms and our quiet location on the beach. I apologize that the Starbucks was not up to your standard. The lack of communication has been addressed and in the event of another black out, there will be excellent organization. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and letting us know how your stay was. I hope you have a great rest of your year!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

FABULOUS HOTEL if you are running during the Shamrock Marathon weekend. We ran the 1/2 marathon, and the starting line was literally across the street, and the finish line was just a few block south. The race actually turns onto the boardwalk right at the hotel. Extremely convenient. We had an ocean view suite and were able to see out all sides of the building (the room stretched the width of the building). At the last minute we had 2 friends decide to stay with us, plenty of room! And parking was super easy. The hotel was clean & the staff could not have been friendlier. The race itself was fabulous but the ease of the accommodations made it perfect. Would return in a heartbeat. (the pool & hot tub was amazing post race).

Room Tip: We had the suite on the top floor in the corner towards the south. FABULOUS!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after the busy Shamrock Marathon Weekend! Your kind comments about our staff and the hotel cleanliness are very much appreciated. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Corner Suite and the amazing views. Hopefully you will be able to join us next year for the exciting weekend! Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Location, Location, Location! We enjoyed our stay here. Pool is awesome inside and out. Front desk was a pleasure to deal with on each request we made. Complimentary roll away bed was life saver! The view from the 6th floor was fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It's so exciting that you had an incredible time with us. I'm glad you got to enjoy our pools and our roll away bed. I hope you get to come back in the summer time! Thanks again for your positive feedback. Have a great rest of your year!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We got in later than expected. Even though I had requested a roll away bed, it was not in room. But the front desk quickly sent it up!! Only on the second floor, close to the stairs so attempted to use them to go to lobby or to beach, no go, the stair door is locked to lobby...and very dirty stairs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank astef1968
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I apologize that the stairs area was not up to the expectation. I assure you we are working on the deep cleaning right away. I am glad we were able to fulfill your request about the roll away. Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope you are able to stay with us again this summer!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Parking is plentiful, staff members are courteous and very helpful, rooms are clean, and view of the ocean is awesome. The boardwalk and places to eat are very accessible. Has an on-site cafe. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you had an awesome time with us. We are happy that you and your family enyoyed our hotel and the surrounding attractions. Have a great rest of the year and I hope you are able to come back again soon!