WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good even in the off season”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over the Easter weekend. A lot fewer people are here off season, not surprisingly. For a family, the best rooms are the suites. They have a bedroom and a living room with a sofa bed, kitchenette, refrigerator, and microwave. Our stay has been very pleasant. The indoor pool is good for kids in the winter, and the outdoor pool is amazing during the summer.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel! I am glad you are enjoying your weekend with us over the Easter holiday. I hope you and your family will be able to come visit in the summer again so you can enjoy the outdoor pool. Thank you again for your kind comments. Have a great rest of the year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed for Shamrock 2013 Marathon and 13.1.

I cannot go on enough about how great our stay was. And, as a Type A event planner, there are few more particular than me. The staff was out of this world delightful. Rooms so very clean and really, nothing more they could have done to improve the experience. The set up downstairs with seating, cafe, bar, and all is exceptional. Free WiFi. And that staff was delightful even after horrendously stressful busy marathon morning. Definitely worth a visit, we will be back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tgzc
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am very excited to hear that you had an awesome time with us! I appreciate your kind words about our staff and the our amenities. I hope you are able to stay with us for next Shamrock Marathon in 2014! Have a great rest of the year.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great locale. Service and comfort and location. The staff is amazing and the rooms were spotless. The bonus was we were there during restaurant week so enjoyed fabulous meals. Visit the lighthouse in the military and walk the boardwalk then shop a bit and end if all with a great meal at hot tuna Loved it

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am very excited to hear that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for the great compliments about our staff and our location. I hope you are able to visit during the summer when you can truly enjoy the weather in Virginia Beach. Have a great rest of the year!
Etters, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recently visited VA Beach for a gymnastics meet. The location is great and only a few minutes from the Convention Center. Walking distance to many resturants and the beach was lovely . We had a corner suite with one bedroom and two queen beds and then a living room with kitchenette and pullout sofa. Plenty of room. Friendly staff and clean hotel. Too cold to sit on the balcony but in the summer would be wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite that was large and ocean front.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane w
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I want to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend at the beach in one of our corner suites. Hopefully you will be able to come back in the summer time and enjoy our warm weather. Thank you again for the wonderful comments. Have a great rest of the year!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff members and management of this property were quite dlightful! Although I stayed here during the slow season, I recieved quality, comfort, and compassion during my time there. Josh, a manager at the front desk always remembered my name-which I appreciate considereing that I travel often and it is comforting that all the employees took the same notice. In addition there were also great aptions for dinner and snack-the Potstickers are great! Any trip here on business or with family is sure to be enjoyable!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great considering they all have an ocean view! I am not sure if it was just the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am very excited to hear that you have been enjoying our hotel during your weeks with us. It is great to hear from you and read such great feedback. I hope you are able to come back to Virginia Beach soon and enjoy our relaxing amenities. Thanks again for your review!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family has been returning to this hotel for 8 years now. Suites are spacious and just enough room for a family of four. Small wet bar area for snacks, beverages, cold breakfast, etc. We used to eat lunch daily in the hotel restaurant which was always pleasant but have not since the remodel/new "bistro." Food quality is awful...microwaveable type items and poor service (during our visit anyway). Beach proximity is the biggest draw as well as the outdoor pool area, however I felt the staff were not maintaining a clean pool. I had to ask the lifeguard on duty if I could borrow the skimmer to clean out the yuk that was collecting in one corner of the pool. Also I'm not sure why they insist on keeping the pool water so cold. Prices are steep here but if all were perfect as is, then it would be money well spent.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NYlovesVA
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I really appreciate your loyalty to our Marriott brand. I am speaking with our Bistro Manager about the opportunities you suggested. I appologize that your meals were less than exceptional. We are also keeping an eye on our pool temperatures and I can assure you we do daily pool cleanings. Again, I want to thank you for your feedback and I hope you will be able to come and visit us again soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Staying here for the weekend while attending a funeral for the husband of a dear friend. My room is very comfortable with a small livingroom and kitchen area separated from the bedroom and bath. All rooms face the ocean so one can enjoy the gorgeous view of the ocean and listen to the rythmic sounds of the surf. But, best of all is the staff at this hotel. They are cheery, friendly and make one feel at home. Given the circumstances of my visit, the staff have made coming back to the hotel very enjoyable part of my visit to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I am sorry that your visit was under sad circumstances. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff. We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself and our oceanfront view. I hope you are able to visit us again when you are able to relax more.