WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Beach Getaway for the Whole Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family has been returning to this hotel for 8 years now. Suites are spacious and just enough room for a family of four. Small wet bar area for snacks, beverages, cold breakfast, etc. We used to eat lunch daily in the hotel restaurant which was always pleasant but have not since the remodel/new "bistro." Food quality is awful...microwaveable type items and poor service (during our visit anyway). Beach proximity is the biggest draw as well as the outdoor pool area, however I felt the staff were not maintaining a clean pool. I had to ask the lifeguard on duty if I could borrow the skimmer to clean out the yuk that was collecting in one corner of the pool. Also I'm not sure why they insist on keeping the pool water so cold. Prices are steep here but if all were perfect as is, then it would be money well spent.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank NYlovesVA
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I really appreciate your loyalty to our Marriott brand. I am speaking with our Bistro Manager about the opportunities you suggested. I appologize that your meals were less than exceptional. We are also keeping an eye on our pool temperatures and I can assure you we do daily pool cleanings. Again, I want to thank you for your feedback and I hope you will be able to come and visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Staying here for the weekend while attending a funeral for the husband of a dear friend. My room is very comfortable with a small livingroom and kitchen area separated from the bedroom and bath. All rooms face the ocean so one can enjoy the gorgeous view of the ocean and listen to the rythmic sounds of the surf. But, best of all is the staff at this hotel. They are cheery, friendly and make one feel at home. Given the circumstances of my visit, the staff have made coming back to the hotel very enjoyable part of my visit to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I am sorry that your visit was under sad circumstances. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff. We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself and our oceanfront view. I hope you are able to visit us again when you are able to relax more.
Northern New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days there last May. The purpose of our trip was to enjoy the ocean. We stayed in a suite and had an amazing view of the ocean and the board walk. The suite had plenty of room, a really nice kitchenette, dining table and living space. We had a seperate bedroom that was very large as well. Basically an apartment on the ocean. We plan to visit again this year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful beach experience. I look forward to having you stay with us again this year. Thank you again for all your kind comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot and always stay in Marriott properties due to their great customer service. However, this past weekend we had our first less than satisfactory experience. We came up for my grandmother's memorial service and shared a hotel room with my sister and brother in law. Friday night we had no issues, but all that changed Saturday night. Some of us were rudely awakened around 1230 due to a party going on in the room next to us. Doors were slamming, music was blaring, and people were yelling and cursing at times. This went on for hours! Finally around 3am my husband and I went down to complain at the front desk(no one answered when we called down). They said they would send security up. About 30 minutes later, the noise was getting worse due to what seemed to be a fight breaking out as well as things falling and breaking. My husband again called down and complained. Again they said they would send security. Finally the noise seemed to die down and of course, security finally showed up about 10 minutes later. We also again complained to the front desk about it when we checked out. I know it is not their fault on who stays there, but they could patrol the floors better to put a stop to things like this happening. We got only a few hours of sleep before having to get up and travel several hours home on Sunday. To top it off, we went to the Bistro to eat breakfast and the food was less than desirable after having such good food the day before. I doubt we would stay at this Marriott again or any other ones right on the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had. I understand how frustrating noisy neighbors can be. I assure we are working with our security to minimize the amount of noise from other guests the best that we can. I am also speaking with the Bistro Manager to improve the quality of service and menu. Again, I really appreciate your feedback and I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you better.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staff was friendly, rooms were so clean that had to give it the white glove test and couldnt find dust ANYWHERE!! Beautiful ocean front view, nights was just as beautiful as the day. Heaters worked perfectly, we even ran to the water in this cold weather jumped in and out and ran back to a wonderfully warm heated room. Perfect getaway!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CWillieWinslow
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your compliments of our housekeeping and engineering team! I am excited that you had a great time with us and I hope you are able to be our guest again soon!
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this hotel especially during the off-season. Updated rooms with a nice balcony and great view. Great customer service, since I go during the off season I usually get upgraded to a suite which are very roomy and nice. Not a great location if you want to walk to shops and restaurants but that means for a little more seclusion and less crowded section of the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very excited to hear that you love our hotel! We work hard every day to ensure that your stay is excellent. That is great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary upgrade into a suite. I hope you are able to visit us again soon. Enjoy the rest of the winter season!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice large room, gorgeous ocean view - shame the weather was terrible! This was not quite at the level of a Marriott hotel in Europe, but the staff was very helpful, the hotel offered good amenities and all in all it was a good stay. The heating was extremely noisy, though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and our gorgeous ocean views! I have spoken with engineering and they are improving our heating system daily. Have a great new year!