Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 11, 2012

First time staying here but longtime rewards customer. Room 503 had an overwhelmingly mildew smell. After one night no maid service..just found a bag of clean towels on bathroom door. Common areas not vacuumed..elevators very untidy. Won't return here.

Room Tip: Not 503! Sorry marriott! Will speak to front desk before leaving.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank julieb312
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I spoke with our housekeeping staff and management about your concerns. I assure you this is not a standard we present to our guests and it is unacceptable. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future. Have a great holiday season!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would definitely stay here again. The rooms were spacious, the views spectacular and the service at the front desk was second-to-none. Upon checking in, they hand out delicious, home-made chocolate chip cookies - a nice touch! The staff have excellent restaurant recommendations and the small bistro downstairs is perfect for breakfast.

My only complaint is that the gym is missing some free weights. It looks like someone stole the 5 lb, 8 lb, 10 lb and 12 lb weights and they haven't been replaced.

I was also a bit sad that the outdoor pool was closed, but it was mid-October, so I can't really complain about that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our cookies are baked fresh daily in our bistro! I appologize that some of our weights have gone missing from the gym. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will speak with our managers to get more weights. Hopefully next time you visit it will be in the summer when you can use our fun outdoor pool. Thanks again for your feedback and have a great rest of the year!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was a very nice hotel to stay in for a few days while there on business. The staff was efficient and friendly which is a must for me. The breakfasts were plentiful and they had free coffee in the lobby. With a fridge in the room I was able to save my restaurant cold food leftovers! Right on the beach and with a patio, watching the sun come up every morning was a great start to a busy day. I was able to take advantage of lovely beach promenade walks and had dinner in a couple of the restaurants along the way. The room was comfortable except the pillows were way too soft so sleeping was an issue. I mentioned this to the front desk and they told me there were selections. I didn't see that. This hotel is a little way down the beach which I liked as it got me away from the bustle and noise further down. I would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed the variety of options our bistro has to offer. We provide free coffee and tea in our lobby to stimulate a relaxing atmosphere. Every room in our hotel has an oceanfront view and a mini fridge in the room. I am glad you were able to stay with us and I hope you get the chance to stay again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a trip to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The pool is first rate. The staff friendly. Room was great. On the quieter North end of the Boardwalk. Room was spacious and very comfortable. The only problem, we didn't find the refrigerator until we were leaving. We only had a two night stay and spent most of the time on the beach and exploring the area since it was our first time to this vacation spot. We fell in love with the boardwalk and the ocean area in general.

Room Tip: All rooms here are ocean front. It will depend on King, Queen, Double, Suite, etc. to help you decid...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to give us your feedback. Happy Anniversary! I am so glad to hear that you had a great time during your stay. Thank you for choosing our property to spend such a special occasion. I hope you will spend your next anniversary with us as well. Have a wonderful rest of your year!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The location was excellent! It was a little out of the middle of things,yet you were able to get in and out of the hotel without traffic problems. I took my bike and hit the boardwalk just about everywhere I went. The beach was not as crowded as down the strip, but was still well maintained. The outdoor pool was closed for swimming, but still kept clean and towels were available for lounging. The staff was friendly and would always ask if I needed anything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am very excited to hear you had a great time and enjoyed all that we have to offer at our hotel. I hope you have a great rest of the year and are able to come back again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had a roomy suite with a relaxing ocean view during the last week of September. Front desk staffer Monique was especially helpful at my check-in and Alexis was very friendly a few days later. I didn't have any personal interaction with the housekeeping staff but they kept my room well supplied with towels and coffee, both important to me :-). When I return to Virginia Beach I will be happy to stay here again

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy that you had a great time on your vacation and enjoyed staying at our property. I will let Menique and Alexis know your feedback as they will be very excited about your comments. I look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Have a great rest of the year!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This courtyard is much nice than the other one down the street. It is also alot quieter. Location is great. The pool is one of the best on the strip. Not many restaurants right close but there are within a few blocks. Room was over all pretty clean but the carpet was pretty

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! The location is just far enough from the crowds and every one of our rooms has a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean. That's great you were able to take advantage of our exciting pools. They are a great place to relax and have fun. I hope you are able to stay with us again. Have a great rest of the year!