“Finally-- A Great Place To Stay”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Finally-- A Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

It was the end of our trip and this was suppose to be a stop over and we decided to stay an extra night.
Room was very clean with a hot tube that after our car ride was fantastic.Bed was very comfortable, location great, staff friendly, and the views were fantastic. Great place to watch the sun rise.
We will be back without hesitation

Room Tip: High floor
1 Thank J P F
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, especially in one of our jacuzzi rooms! All of our guest rooms offer an ocean view so it's easy to walk out onto the balcony and watch the sunrise. Thank you for choosing our property and I hope the next time you need another stop over you think of us! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Gig Harbor, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

First, this is a great hotel. It is clean, it is well situated, and it is a great value.

Room - I was on a high floor and the room was large, easy to walk around, had a fantastic balcony overlooking the beach.

Bistro - I'm not overly thrilled with what Marriott has done to the Courtyard brand. All the food at the bistro feels like it came out of a box and was reheated.

Staff - Front desk seemed to be too busy, even when no one was at the counter (BTW, this one has the tradition front desk, instead of the airline style kiosk desks, I like the traditional hotel desk). Often the look in their eyes were vacant.

Staff - Housekeeping. One day, my room was serviced but had to call for a coffee service. Next day, the room was half done, garbage was not emptied and no fresh cups and glasses, no new towels. Next day, I returned to my room at 4PM and there was no service at all. Next day to the completion of my stay, I just told the front desk to forget about it. But, the rooms are clean.

Staff - Bistro. Very friendly young man, bearded, remembered me between visits. I realize these kids aren't bartenders, but a Margarita needs a lightly salted rim, not a solid ring of salt.

The market place is nice, but they could restock the medicine part.

General band information - the new branding still isn't growing on me, but it would be nice if we could have microwaves in the room.

Room Tip: Leave the drapes open for a slow growing light in the morning for a wake up.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JMPInstructor
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for your thorough review! Your input is incredibly helpful as we strive to continue to deliver the best service possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I will tell my Front Desk staff to be more cognizant and responsive. In addition, I will be sure to pass along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper so we can ensure more consistent service. The Bistro, although not a traditional restaurant, offers made-to-order items for breakfast and dinner. Also, micowaves are provided in our suite-style rooms; guests can also use our public microwave located in the Market on the first floor. Thank you, again, for your critique and please let me know if I can be of further assitance the next time you are in the Virginia Beach area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed here a few days ago, great location, great view and exceptional staff. Beautiful lobby and well maintained common areas. Our king whirlpool room was nice, large and decorated well. The room had a small balcony overlooking the ocean. However the bathroom was disappointing as the shower stall appeared dirty as the grout was in need of bleach. I know that mold is a problem in beach front properties, but I wish the room we had had better housekeeping in that regard. Make sure when you book a room, request that you are not given a room with an adjoining door to the room next door, as there are gaps underneath the two doors. We had very noisy neighbors and could not sleep the night we were there. The noise and party next door was not the fault of the hotel so that does not affect my review of this hotel. I would stay there again but change rooms if the bathroom needs attention.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with an adjoining door to the other room.
3 Thank travelling_bug2
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for your time and honest review of your guest room. I am so sorry to hear about the condition of your bathroom shower and I will address this issue with our Housekeeping staff. Also, for additional clarification and general information, all of our jacuzzi rooms have adjoining doors to the corner suite. Many of our standard rooms and other suites do not have connecting doors, however. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you! I hope you consider contacting me directly for any future reservations.
Margaretville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

No words to describe much less not enough space ! Mandy , Daniel , Carl , Toya , Iris , SAM !..... Each one of YOU know who YOU are! All of you make it seem fit for a QUEEN ! tee-hee! When I make the time for a more detailed review at a later date, I will fill you in w/ the details. The story itself if Priceless ! STAY TUNED ! TO BE CONTINUED>>>>.....A Hurricane Flash Flood Irene 8/28/11 Survivor from MARGARETVILLE , NY. THE CATSKILLS :-)

Room Tip: #804 NICE ! Just like all the rest ! OCEANFRONT !
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the associate recognition! We all aim for the best possible service for all our guests and I am so proud to represent my teammates and tell you how much we appreciate your feedback! We can't wait to hear more in your "to be continued" review!
Fayetteville, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is the first of many visits to come. These facilities are beautiful and more spacious than other hotels of comparable price. The VIEW! Although God gets the credit for creating it, the view of the Atlantic has been so refreshing.

The exceptional service has been AMAZING! Every employee that I have interacted with has been very pleasant, helpful and honoring. Daniel, a young man working in the Bistro, was so exceptionally help and pleasant to me that I was prompted to write this review. In a society that is increasingly hostile at worst and apathetic at best, Daniel in the Bistro not only was honoring and respectful to me but also to his co-workers. That's worth mentioning.

If you're planning a visit to Virginia Beach then make Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St your home away from home! And please visit the Bistro where not only is the food is excellent, but you'll get to meet some outstanding people. Daniel, thank you very much Sir!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for you review and glowing review about Daniel, our Bistro attendant! Daniel and the Bistro staff were thrilled to read your review! It's extremely uplifting to read such kind words about our staff members. Thank you, again, and I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Virginia Beach area!
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I again have always enjoyed staying at Marriott. I know that my room will be clean. The folks that work there are always smiling and friendly. Everyone greeted me like I was the most important person in the hotel. I enjoy speaking to the maintenance man, front desk and just about anybody the I encountered. I am a Marriott rewards member and I enjoyed the cookies upon my check in. I now only stay at Marriott properties and would suggest anyone to do the same. You will have a nice stay. Thanks again Marriott. My Friends look forward to returning for another fun weekend.

1 Thank DMAN0431
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel! And, thank you for being a Marriott Rewards Member! I'm so glad you enjoyed the freshly baked cookies when you arrived! We bake them fresh every morning for our loyal Marriott Rewards Members! We appreciate your choice to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Oceanfront North and thank you for your recommendation to your friends and other site visitors!
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Although we live less than an hour from Virginia Beach, and we know that staying on the beach during the winter is very different than the summer, we decided to take a mini-vaction for Valentines Day. We have stayed at this facility during the summer and knew that the rooms were great and the view was fantastic. We also knew that when they are fully staffed for the summer the service was also great, but we didn't know what to expect during the winter. We were much more than pleasantly surprised as we found that customer service was at it's peak during the non-peak period. We would especially like to thank Mandy at the front desk as she made sure that all of our needs were met (not to mention the tip about watching for dolphin from our balcony which was awesome). The rates are very reasonable during the off-season as compared to what you would normally pay at a resort area during the summer. We would most definitely do this again. Even the weather man was very cooperative.

Room Tip: The corner rooms provide wonderful views in three directions.
1 Thank Bob3299
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for such a kind review! We sincerely appreciate your choice to spend Valentine's Day with us - I'm so happy you enjoyed your romantic mini-vacation with us! Our staff strives to consistently deliver a service of excellence no matter what time of the year. Mandy, one of our newest associates, was so excited to read your review! I hope you consider making this a wonderful tradition! Again, thank you for recognizing Mandy and we hope you continue to think of us when you need a quick getaway!