“A place of class and fine cuisine”

Havana Nights Jazz and Cigar Club
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wonderful cuisine and beautiful setting. Add to that an excellent service (thank you Travis!) and you'll have a winner of an evening.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a delightful, first time experience. Perfect for date night. Recently visited for a birthday celebration and could not have had a better experience! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with exceptional service from both our server to the manager Bert. Nice, intimate atmosphere with a great jazz band. Not many seats, but that was part of the charm of this classy establishment. The food was great although a little pricey. Highly recommend the Cuban sandwich or mushroom appetizer. Wine list by the glass was a little short and the martinis pricey but good. Bert made it extra special for the birthday celebration. Highly recommend and cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I visited for the first time this past weekend, thanks to a special on groupon. We both dressed up, being sure to meet the restaurant stated dress code, but found there where some people wearing much more casual attire. The restaurant is also very small and only has 12 to 15 tables, making it a more intimate affair. Our waitor was very polite and for the most part attentive. The only time things felt awkward was when we presented our groupon. My beef short ribs were really yummy. My husband said his steak was perfectly cooked, but lacked seasoning. The chimichurri sauce however made up for it. We got the smoke potatoes, which where delicious, and the spinach which lacked seasoning. For our appetizer we had the ceaser salad, which was an interesting twist using a lemon anchovy vinegrette. Unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy the famous bread pudding because we were abstaining sweets. The only real disappointment is that after ordering sides and a glass of wine, the groupon ended up only saving us a whopping $6 over what we would have paid outright. Smart marketing on their part, not so smart consuming on my part. I've had nicer high end dining experiences in the area, but would definitely give this place another shot - maybe for a Sunday jazz dinner show.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Restaurant was attached to the Westin where we were staying, which is usually a bad sign (in terms of value, quality, etc), but this experience was great. The food was really good, but the bread pudding was to die for. We don't normally even like bread pudding, but after hearing another table (and several Trip Advisor reviewers) rave about it, we decided to give it a try. I suggest you do the same, even if you've never had it or haven't liked it in the past.

The service was also exceptional, including when the owner stopped by our outdoor table just to chat. The only minor quibble was that the kitchen seemed a little slow, even though the restaurant wasn't terribly busy, but it wasn't so bad that we noticed too much.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating the return of our sailor daughter from deployment. It was our last night in town and we wanted to make it special. The evening was almost spoiled the minute we walked in the door by that attitude of the hostess. (This is most likely the same hostess another reviewer described as being 12 years old. She looked and acted like one). I made reservations through Open Table and when our party arrived the hostess looked me up and down seemingly to decide if we were "worthy" of entering. I thought i was my imagination until I asked my daughter later and she confirmed it. Luckily the initial slight was offset by the fine experience in the restaurant. I liked the back-lighting of the menus. It was fun and different. The waiters were attentive and the food was the best of all the restaurants we visited that week. My husband had steak that melted in your mouth, I was served oyster stew that was divine and my daughter had a delicious looking shrimp dish. Of course we had to try the bread pudding we had read about for dessert. It was probably the best we've ever tasted. Ask them to tell you the secret ingredient. All in all a great place to dine. Too bad when I think about this fine restaurant I also have to think about the way I was treated by the hostess upon entering.