“Excellent staff, service and ambiance.”

Havana Nights Jazz and Cigar Club
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Virginia
“Excellent staff, service and ambiance.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I surprised my fiancé with drinks and dinner here on a Wednesday evening. We came in at happy hour and were escorted to the bar. As they made our drinks they explained how they do things different with certain drinks. The mojito AND margaritas were excellent. We then moved to the dining room and enjoyed dinner. I would not say the food is authentic Cuban but it was still delicious. We were later invited to the private cigar lounge and enjoyed a cigar. The owner also took his time to give us a tour and was very personal. No complaints!

• Visited June 2012

“Great service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

After we met the owner at a food event a few weeks ago, we decided to stop in for the first time for lunch. The lunch menu is small but there were two additional specials.The wine list is a good size, the decor is lovely and our waiter was very friendly and attentive. Since it was our first time in he took the time to tell us abou the jazz club schedules. We have decided to go back for dinner and some jazz in the near future. This place is a great addition to Town Center.

• Visited August 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Charming, intimate and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Our first meal will not be the last in this jewel of a restaurant! From the cool iPad wine list and menu to the personal attention to detail of the owner, knowlegable wait staff and of course the fresh and expertly prepared dishes--the visit was a completely satisfying experience.
We heard great things about the Jazz Club and want to make this our next evening out.

• Visited May 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“not the lunch I was looking for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Wanted to try this place after seeing it being built. The food choices were limited, the quality of food was low and the price was high. A shrimp po boy sandwich and salad ran $18.00 My salad included the yellow portions of the head of iceberg lettuce. The shrimp po boy I ordered had 6 shrimp tops on the whole sandwich. I will not be returning to this place. It is billed as a Cuban place but nothing on the menu other than the cuban sandwich was remotely close to authentic.

• Visited April 2012
West Friendship, Maryland
“Not so Cuban”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I stay in the town center area often. Last night as I was walking around I noticed Havana nights. I walked up to look at the menu and was greeted by a man that wanted to show me around. He was one of the owners and very friendly. He took me in the dining room which was very nice and then into the jazz club also very cozy. The light menus were a very nice touch. Since I was looking for carry out I did not want to sit but he was very insistent that I could sit at the bar and order. So I sat and ordered to stay at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and attentive. I ordered the Cuban sandwich and congri. The place has technology ever where iPads for drink list and itouchs for the waiters very cool. The band was warming up tuning there instruments and sounded great. My food came out quick, the cubano sandwich was ok but the meat seemed processed not like the sandwichs I am used to where the ham is more natural and pork was flavorless relying on the spicy mustard for flavor. The congri was warm at best and lacked any flavor. I was hoping for better since I stay in the area often!