“Delicious brunch”

Leaping Lizard Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Leaping Lizard Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,471 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Leaping Lizard Cafe happily serves Lunch each day; Dinner Tuesday-Saturday (from 5:00pm-8:30pm) and Brunch both Saturday & Sunday. We were featured on the Food Networks "Diners Drive-Ins and Dives", our quaint cafe location is a popular restaurant for many. Wonderful menu items are prepared daily using locally grown produce and fresh seafood. The Leaping Lizard Cafe concept is Simple. We have created a menu with heavy emphasis on fresh ingredients from the Local farms of tidal Virginia, and stock our kitchen with local fruits, vegetables & seafood from our very own produce market. Specialties include homemade sweet potato biscuits with local Edwards Surry ham & peach jam; Our famous Chicken Salad Sandwich with Peach Chutney and Homemade Soups. We have scrumptious daily specials based on what is in season. Both indoor and outdoor seating areas are available for a casual and enjoyable dining experience. We bake all of our delicious homemade breads, biscuits, cookies and desserts on property daily! Our services also include both on and off-site catering from small private gatherings to receptions of up to 500 people. Catered functions have included: Weddings; Birthday parties; Fundraisers; Holiday parties; Oyster Roasts etc.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Sat outside on a chilly day in October, but there is an outside portion that is closed in and has a propane heater. Everything was fresh and delicious - crab cake benedict, coconut and pineapple pancakes, strata and cranberry chocolate chip French toast. If I lived near here, I'd eat here every weekend! And the gift shop is cute, and the produce barn had some great items that we picked up for dinner later in the week.

1  Thank Louise B

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hadn't realized the Leaping Lizard Café had been featured on the Food Network--just loved the name and recommendation of a local resident. Arrived early for dinner and the plan worked in that we were seated immediately. I had the "Duck 2 Ways" While I might quibble with them a little on the definition of "rare", I have nothing but praise for the searing on the duck breast and the seasoning on the braised leg quarter. Hated to share, but I did.

1  Thank wordphoto
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Breakfast was amazing . I would of never thought of serving salad with breakfast but they pull it off the melon was the best I ever have had and everything me and my wife had was excellent . Cool place with farm to table theme . I would definitely recommend if your in the area.

1  Thank Travler455
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have seen the reviews on the Food Network and wanted to try for ourselves. Very clean establishment with friendly, personable staff. I was a bit disappointed though. Sandwiches are served on a very thick, heavy bread that is too filling. A thinner slice would be nice since the bread was tasty. Maybe give customers an option, especially for those who are calorie conscious. Artichoke and mushroom sandwich had no taste. Red bliss potatoes on the side were done in a mustard sauce which lacked flavor. My husband loved the chicken salad, despite the heavy bread. Served with a slice of fresh cantaloupe which was nice. Are expectations were greater.

1  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went with a group of 8 people and they sat us right away on a Sunday afternoon during labor day weekend. we were shocked to say the least that this place wasn't swarming with people during sunday brunch. they sat us on the back patio where we could see the produce area where they sell their own organic natural seeming produce. was so excited to finish my meal and make my way over there. I ate one of their benedicts which was really delicious. whatever dressing they use to put on the side greens was phenomenal. we all could've drank that alone. the whole table had a blueberry mojito which tasted delicious but honestly i could hardly taste the alcohol (maybe cus they are premixed according to our very friendly waitress). the vegetable soup was scrumptious and just tasted like a fresh farm diced up into a cup of spectacular slightly spicy tomato broth. I tasted my friends blueberry french toast or something that resembled it and although i wouldn't be able to eat is as a meal because it was so heavy, it was still very yummy. Overall this place gets my nom nom approval!