“Great Little Restaurant”
Review of Kamugi

Kamugi
Ranked #957 of 1,464 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Asian
Description: With the opening of Kabuki Japanese Steak House & Sushi in Red Mill Commons earlier this month, Japanese food enthusiasts have a new venue to indulge in their favorite cuisine. Kabuki features a variety of sushi and appetizers, and it also offers beef, chicken and seafood dishes prepared tableside as well as a festive family atmosphere where birthday parties are welcome.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We recently went for the first time. So nice to have another dining option in this area of Virginia Beach. Service was excellent and the place has a nice simple decor. The dishes are aranged nicely with a beautiful little flower on each entree. My husband had smoked salmon rolls, Bang Bang Shrimp and Filet Mignon Carpaccio appetizers. The shimp had enough to be an entree. Hubby loved it all!
I had the chicken hibachi with vegetables (great zuchinni and carrots) that came with fried rice, salad and clear mushroom soup. It was one of the best version of the that particular soup I've ever had. My meal was excellent. I'm not a huge fan of Sushi places since many of them I walk into seem to have an awful old fish smell. Kabuki was not like that at all. You can choose to sit and have the hibachi chefs perform or have a quiet booth. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great place to take the whole family. Prices is excellent

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I like Kabuki.
It's not the most fantastic Japanese restaurant - but it's close and it does the job when you need a fix.

The Hibachi chefs vary wildly in expertise - so when we sit down at the Hibachi it's always toss up - but never bad, and eating off the menu has been very reliable.

I wouldn't recommend traveling from anywhere else in Virginia Beach to try it...but if we want Japanese - there are few places that make us feel like driving out of our way to pass Kabuki by.