“average, at best”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #378 of 1,414 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“average, at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Service could not have been better.
Food slightly over cooked. Chicken livers, to dry.
Mashed potatoes very lumpy. Not the first for that

• Visited April 2013

Pensacola, Florida
“Loved the pancakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

It's official my new favorite food item at Cracker Barrell are the pancakes. The momma's pancake breakfast is a great deal its $7.69 and you get pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I also love the bacon its delicious and you get three thick slices. We went during the morning so it was kind of busy but surprisingly we did not have to wait long just a few minutes. Our waitress Katie was very nice. I cant wait to go back and try something different. But if its your first visit please try the pancakes and their syrup you'll be glad you did.

• Visited March 2013
Brechin, United Kingdom
“Cosy relaxed comfy feel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Tonight we visited Cracker Barrel for dinner.This was my 2nd ever visit to a Cracker Barrel.I was not impressed by the food on my last visit,and have to say wasn't "wowed" this time either.Our server was lovely,took our order efficiently and was nice and friendly without being too cheesy or over-familiar.Kept our sodas refilled promptly.However,we seemed to have quite a wait for our first course to arrive.I had the fried chicken liver,mash potatoes and green beans, canned, by the taste.Wasn't bad,wasn't great,quite "blaah" to be honest. Prices though are very reasonable,dinner for 3 with two desserts was a little over $40. The gift shop has some beautiful gifts and kitchen ware.Overall,Cracker Barrel has a lovely atmosphere,i just wish i felt more enthusiastic about the food.I will return and try something different .

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank fran r
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good french toast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I liked to stop in on the way to work. The sour dough french toast is great. I have been in for dinner also. Service is usually good and the price is good also.

Visited July 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“It was nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went there twice with my girlfriend and our 1st visit we both thought the decor was nice and the food was really good. We went back the next day and the food wasn't as great as the day before but it was still good. My fork was dirty and while my waitress was nice she seemed a bit nervous. Maybe she just started? Not sure but our 1st day going was definitely better than the 2nd. Even still, I would return.

• Visited August 2012