“Great way to end our vacation!”

Sunnyside Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: An American cuisine restaurant serving all fresh to order breakfast and lunch menu items. We serve: Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes, Golden Brown Belgian Waffles, French Toast, Fluffy 3-Egg Omelets, Gluten free, sugar free and other health minded menu items, Fresh Fruit, Wraps, Panini, & Traditional Sandwiches, Fresh Garden Salads, Specialty Coffee drinks, Beer, Wine and Cocktails.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great way to end our vacation!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

After an awesome week in VA Beach, I decided to take the family here for breakfast before we left and we could not have been any happier. This place was great. The server treated us great and she kept talking to our grandaughter and making her smile. The food was AWESOME! That was one of the best omelets I've ever had. Everything was fresh and they are one of the few places I've ever had seeded rye toast. Love it!

• Visited September 2013

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“AWESOME for Breakfast”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

2013 is the third season for this relatively new restaurant....Sunnyside is the "sister" restaurant to Pocahantas on the North End - however, this gem rarely has a line or wait and offers a similar menu including the fantastic pancakes. The staff here is very very friendly and inside and outdoor seating are available. Prices are very reasonable making cooking breakfast unecessary. They are open until 2pm so in addition to breakfast they also serve great lunch items such as burgers and wraps. Also have morning alcoholic drink specials - the Italian Morning mimosa is fabulous !!!

• Visited September 2013
Akron
“good food, good prices”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

nice place to go for breakfast and they have gluten free items as well. the breakfast was very good and the wait staff prompt and friendly.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh
“It's a beach cafe for crying out loud!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading all the previous cranky reviews I felt I have to speak up. This restaurant clearly specializes in breakfast at the beach. Even though there are lunch entries on the menu, the majority of the selections are breakfast oriented and the place closes at 2pm if I am not mistaken. Why one would expect a gourmet crab cake benedict at this place is beyond me. One look inside the door tells you to expect a basic breakfast. They delivered that and did that well. Many choices for pancakes and combinations of egg breakfasts. My daughter loved the pancakes so we went back twice during the week there. The service was excellent, the place was clean, and the food more than edible. What more do you really want for a beach breakfast? Prices reasonable too and I had no problem using the coupon. Would recommend this for vacation breakfast for family.

• Visited July 2013
“Terrible cran cake benadict”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I figured being on the beach they would have a delicious crab cake benadict,wrong. Too much breading , soggy. Another person had the pecan pancakes, I would get those.Service was ok. It was a plus they had bloody marys for breakfast!!

• Visited August 2013