“Nice kick back evening”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Bel Air, Maryland
“Nice kick back evening”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our older son and family would be departing for a new life in Houston the following day, so we were to gather at the Texas Roadhouse (made sense in a way) at 5:30 to see them off. One of the gang arrived a bit early and asked to be set up at 2 tables in the far left corner of the restaurant as we were expecting around 15 folks. As we trickled in in 2's and 3's, we found our way to the waiting area to the left and enjoyed a few handfuls of peanuts and the 49er playoff comeback over the Falcons. The waiting area was meat lockerish in temperature. So if you expect to be there for a while, bring a coat and gloves.
When all had arrived, we advised the host and we were seated within five mnutes. From then all all went well. There were no problems with any of the orders, and all seemed pleased with what they had selected. The steaks were as ordered - and flavorful. The loaded sweet potato is always a joy.
The place was relatively full, but we did not find it too noisy back in our corner. This may be somewhat due to the low population of TVs. I really liked that since I didn't have to watch the Ratbirds demolish New England.
Wanted a place for a relaxing, fun time with family - and the Texas Roadhouse filled the bill nicely.

• Visited January 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I am a regular at this restaurant and let me tell you it is awesome quality food. I have never had a bad meal or a bad experience here and i have been coming from when they opened their doors.
The price is right and the service is great.

Hartford, Connecticut
“wouldn't choose to go again”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I didn't leave with a good overall impression. We were seated back near the kitchen even though it wasn't crowded when we arrived and plenty of seating available and I noticed the rugs next to my table with alot of food on the floor...it took away my appetite.
The waitress didn't seem to really be talking to us rather talking at us, including checking in too frequently when you were about to take a bite to see how you were doing...but not really caring,
obviously just going through the motions...
Anyway, I wouldn't choose to go back.

• Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Just average”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Nothing special. Food was Just average and the service was ok. Rolls were good. Nothing special about the steak. Very loud in the resturant

Virginia Beach VA
“Salty, and Loud”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We went last evening to celebrate my daughter-in-law' s birthday. She selected it because it is halfway between our homes, and has a varied menu. We took advantage of the "call ahead" seating, but still waited 30 minutes for a table, on a Monday evening, with a party of 5. We were seated and our server Jenn and a training server, Tabitha greeted us. She took our drink order and and our year old grandson's dinner order. Beverages are quickly refilled as they are consumed. At one point, each of us had two glasses of drinks on the table at a time. Very attentive servers....

The baby's food arrived soon after ordering, chicken and french fries. Since he is so young, we always check the temp before allowing him to eat. The french fries were not too hot, so I tasted it to be sure, and they were over-seasoned. Too much salt, and another seasoning (like a seasoning salt). We wiped off the seasoning before he ate them, which was a bit of a pain. The chicken was salty as well, but tasty.

The remainder of the table got a variety of beef products, sirloin tips, smothered steak and chicken fried steak. I opted for the chicken dinner salad without eggs, and upon the recommendation of the server, lo cal ranch. I can only critique what I personally had, and my grandson's meal, which I tasted. The chicken salad was beautiful, very large. It was a large bowl, filled with fresh greens, sprinkled with cheese, bacon, tomatoes, and lots of chicken. I couldn't wait to dig in! Again, over-seasoned chicken, broke my heart....

My husband made the mistake of ordering the chicken fried steak covered with white gravy and mashed potatoes. He never orders anything like that usually, but I guess he was being adventurous. He didn't complain about the food, did confess it was salty, but spent the evening after in the bathroom paying the price.

The highlight of the meal are the fresh soft yeast rolls that accompany you to the table when you are seated. It comes with a delightful cinnamon sugar butter, which compliments it well.
All in all, it is a good value. This girl just doesn't like to wait an hour for a table, shout across the table for normal conversation, and over seasoned food.

• Visited February 2012