“Even the dogs wouldn't eat it”
Review of Golden III City

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden III City
Ranked #435 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ok, I admit that I am a foodie, travelling alot and eating is one of my favorite past times. I rarely leave reviews, unless the food is worth reviewing, in the positive sense, and Chinese take out is an affordable way to feed a family while getting a few members of the vegetable tribe into the kids. I never have great expectations, particularly in a crowded tourist destination, and so am rarely disappointed. This food experience however, was so monumentally bad,even the German shepherd,who thinks cat excrement a fine dining experience, turned away from it. (Ok, she wolfed down a piece of dried out sinewy thing that resembled black beef jerky) the sesame beef, but turned her nose flatly at the shrimp and scallop dish we ordered. a pitiful excuse for food. It was bad. Nauseating. I feel sick. I worried the small bite my daughter spat out would cause her ecoli worms, or worse. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the Chinese who take pride in their cuisine, as rightfully they should. I'm sorry for the delivery guy. A nice man overly friendly and apologetic. His eyes looking away with a sad smile as he handed me the afflicted brown bag of take out. I feel especially sorry for future tourists, here on holiday with their kids. Hungry and tired after a happy day at the beach, only for it to be capitulated with spending the night hugging the great white throne. Avoid like the plague.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Tried their food on 6/1. We were so tired after the beach that we decided to just order delivery... The food came within the 35 - 45 minute time period specified. Food was hot and it hit the spot. We ordered:

Sweet and Sour chicken
Roast Pork w/ mixed vegetables
Fried Tofu w/ broccoli
Vegetable fried rice

Would definitely order from them again if we felt like having some decent Chinese
take-out/delivery.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Fitst evening of our family vacation. We were all a bit tired from our 8 hour drive from PA. We have often heard that Chinese food just isn't as good the farther away you get from NYC and Philly. I couldn't disagree more. For being a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant the food actually was very good. We ordered numerous items from the menu as we always do. The teriyaki chicken was amazing. Bourbon chicken was excellent. The fried rice was moist and flavorful. The crab rangoons were better than ones I've had in the city. The general Tso chicken was rather generic, buffet quality. The seafood soup was more like vegetable soup broth with shrimp and crab added. The meal was very satisfying. We had no regrets. This is not a place I would want to dine at however. The place is very run down. The dining area was filthy. The owners kids were running around playing. The owner seemed to be very angry at something. But hey, for take out the price was very fair and worth it.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

I was at the Ocean Sands 2 blocks from Golden City, I placed an order for delivery (the woman told me it would be 40 minutes) and an hour and a half later my food showed up COLD! your better off going a few blocks inland and eating at china harbor on 17th and Cypress ave!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I felt like having Chinese and I looked on-line to see if there was one within walking distance. Golden III City came up and it was only 2 blocks away. We headed over about 6pm and were apprehensive because we were the only customers. Decided to give it a try and we are so glad we did!!! While we ate the place filled up. It was, honestly, the best we've had in a long time!! They have sushi too and alot of people were enjoying it. Check it out, kind of non-descript, but clean and yummy!