“Nice staff, interesting experience.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lighthouse Beach Bar & Grille
Ranked #287 of 1,405 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Halifax, UK
“Nice staff, interesting experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We called in just after a heavy rainfall and the place had some very wet tables as the covering did not keep the rain out. The staff showed us to a wet table that we had to wipe down ourselves and swap chairs. I ordered a glass of white wine which came with a glass of ice to add as the waitress was concerned that it might not be cold enough. We had to smile at the well meaning lady who obviously had no idea about wine. The food was classic fried everything. The fish was delicious and the portions large. However the price was a bit high for what was a shambles of an experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MARTIN D

• Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Convenient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Everything here was kind of average. Food and service were not bad but not great. Best thing about this place is that it is so open and right on the boardwalk

Visited August 2013
Finksburg, Maryland
“Better than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Lighthouse restaurant does not look like much of a restaurant. It looks more like a small bar for hotel patrons to hang out and have a drink and some snacks. But while we were in Virginia Beach I check Trip Advisor for some new places to try out and this restaraunt got pretty good reviews. The food was actually really good. My husband and I got the fried shrimp dinner and it was delicious! The shrimp were very big and cooked to perfection. My son said his bacon, cheeseburger and mozzarella sticks were really good too. The waitress was friendly and the service was good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cheryl Z
BOSTON, MA
“Bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

the sandwich that I got at lunch was good, but I had to interrupt the bartender from talking non stop to her friend and wave my arms to get her attention. I noticed that diners at 4 other tables were having to wait a long time for service and their meals.

Visited June 2013
Colonial Heights, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best waitress at 8:30 a.m. on June 17,2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went here for breakfast! The food was fantastic, the prices were very good for ocean front!

I had a crab cake muffin and my boyfriend had an omelte with spinach and feta cheese and fried taters. Everything was very good. We even chose to have Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's.

The waitress made our day she was the nicest and had a smile that would light up a room despite the grumpy family she waited on near our table.... I regret I can't recall her name, she said, she only works the morning shift! I hope we see her again this summer! Great place, good food and awesome service!

• Visited June 2013