“The best waitress at 8:30 a.m. on June 17,2013”

Lighthouse Beach Bar & Grille
Ranked #368 of 1,457 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Description: Casual outdoor dining with ocean view.
Description: Casual outdoor dining with ocean view.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went here for breakfast! The food was fantastic, the prices were very good for ocean front!

I had a crab cake muffin and my boyfriend had an omelte with spinach and feta cheese and fried taters. Everything was very good. We even chose to have Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's.

The waitress made our day she was the nicest and had a smile that would light up a room despite the grumpy family she waited on near our table.... I regret I can't recall her name, she said, she only works the morning shift! I hope we see her again this summer! Great place, good food and awesome service!

1  Thank onewayy

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Meal was awesome waitress was great fast friendly and clean. Fried broccoli and cheese amazing a must try! Tuna was great too!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

A good restaurant attached to the Newcastle Hotel. Fodd is good and at night there is a live band. Serves all meals and has a Happy Hour.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was outstanding, especially the crab bisque, and the views excellent. A little on the pricey side, but a great place for a great occasion.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was probably the only thing my husband and I liked about our stay at the Newcastle Hotel in 2011. The hotel is lousy but the restaurant is awesome. The surf and turf was delicious. You had a few options for that dish. My husband and I both went with the crab cake with our steaks and they were both delicious. The steaks were cooked to a perfect medium rare as we had requested and the crab cakes were like homemade. We also had this fried shrimp appetizer called "Beach Bagngin Shrimp." They were saucy but no soggy and flavorful and spicy, not incredibly hot if you're like us a love super spicy food but even if you find them hot they come with ranch sauce which went perfectly with them and will tone down the spice if you need it. There was also live music there every night which was awesome, it was mostly classic rock, songs that everyone knows and could sing along to. The service was pretty good too, everything came out to the table without too much of a wait. This place is great for a laid back, fun, romantic date or for kicking back with your friends, definitely not for a formal occasion. We will certainly be eating here again, we had a blast the night we were there on our last vacation.