Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$285
$324
$299
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $338/night.

Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
$433
$295
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$289
$240
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$335
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the streetindoor poolyogurtoceanfront roomplenty of lounge chairsrent bikesocean viewattached restaurantparking garagefirst floornice place to staywe've stayedgreat vacationstaying at this hotelthe room was nicefamily vacationchix
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Although slightly older, certainly making improvements. Location is great and ALL rooms are have at lesat partial beach view. Bathroom area very large. Microwave and refrigerator included. Hort breakfast included. Parking and indoor pool across the street but not too bad. Outdoor pool area nice. Staff EXTREMELY pleasant

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank cheertraveler
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Customer service skills are not something that practiced here. From the minute we walked in, I could tell it was going to be interesting. The desk clerk never looked up and barely smoked. The hotel is built almost as two towers, with the office in the center. She gave us our room key but never bothered to tell us which side we were on - so after navigating the luggage cart around a very tight turn, up five stories, and through a very small hallway, we were on the wrong side. Do it again! The first afternoon we plugged our phones in and went to enjoy the beach, upon returning at 930 we found our phones not charged, and the alarm clock not working (not a huge but knowing the time would have been nice). As I went to shower, I found a roach in the bathroom, killed it, and went to tell the desk where the clerk rolled her eyes at me. This is where I lost it! We travel extensively, and try to be loyal to Choice, but it is getting ridiculous at the way that guests are being treated (once in a while you will run across a good one, but they are so far and few between it is sad!). The breakfast is okay, if you like luke warm items and the attendant yelling at you! One thing that I had NEVER seen was a tip jar sitting out in the breakfast area of the hotel - this threw me off a little bit and even disgusted me, I mean you are not waiting on me, you are an employee of the hotel - so no I did not leave one! All in all, we will never stay at this property again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Txtransplant2009
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel many times over the years and still find it a good deal. It's older and the rooms are a bit small; but it's generally well maintained and clean and offers great access to the ocean walk and the beach.
This trip we took exception to a couple things. We always end up on the south wing which has two elevators. Over the last couple visits we've noticed that only one was in service. On this stay, only one was in service, and it went down mid-day on Saturday--a day when it was full! They had it up and running again, but it was somewhat erratic on Sunday morning also. The staff was quick in their response to the problem.
Our other comment is that the pool could use a bit more light. There are about 20-30 fixtures in the pool area; but only about 10 of them are lit. It makes for a dingy area. The pool itself is large enough for a really good swim.
Overall, for about a hundred bucks on a weekend it's still a great deal. The staff is always helpful and pleasant and it's pretty well kept.
One complaint is the coffee in the restaurant. It's anemic! (It seems to run in the Quality chains) Fortunately, they have a better system in the lobby that produces a good cup.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillP1215
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My family and I stayed here several times in the last year. Every visit was terrific! We love the rooms, comfy beds, and cleanliness. The view of the beach from every balcony is lovely. The nightlife in the bar/restaurant downstairs is fun. I like the pool being on the ocean-side as well. I have stayed in most VB hotels through my 22 years going there and this is by far from favorite one!

Room Tip: If you get a king bed room with sofa bed, you will have more space.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kelmarr77
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and spent Valentine weekend at this hotel and had an ocean front room. Room was clean, bathroom is a little small. Good value for the money and right on the boardwalk. Friendly staff. Parking is across the street.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple