“RNR People - this is the perfect hotel!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 7, 2008

I ran in the Rock n' Roll half-marathon last year and had the in-laws up from FL. We all three stayed here and had 3 rooms all next to each other. This hotel is perfect for the participants. The front of the hotel is the 9 mile mark and the back of the hotel is very, very close to the 13.1 mark - so after the race, you can easily crawl back to your room for a nice shower and relaxation. My husband and my daughter were on the look out for me in the race and it was a pleasant surprise to see them twice on the path. It kept me going that last 3.1 to the finish line!
For the hotel directly - staff was wonderful. Rooms are nice & clean. They aren't the largest rooms, but it suits what we need...even with 3 people in the room. I would say the rooms are kind of narrow but their service and location make that seem insignificant. You can go to the pool and they have something going on daily - popcorn or sundae making (which was great!! every topping you can believe!) and it was included. The only thing with Labor Day weekend though and the Oceanfront - don't be sad if you're "stuck" ordering pizza and subs from one of the take-out menus. It's honestly much faster and less hassle. Without reservations, you aren't going to eat out very easily. Maybe if you try off times like 3pm or so you'd be okay but it was hectic and crowded so we went to the grocery store and improvised a little bit. Also, the night before the race, I needed my carb fix, so I just ordered pizza and it was great and fast considering we walked several blocks looking for food and came up empty handed. Didn't affect our stay though it's just how our area is during Labor Day.
We booked again already for Aug 2008 because this was just the best location. Clean room, nice staff, love it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank MsCarrie75

Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband, and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites for our anniversary, and enjoyed our stay. We booked the room on the qualityinn.com website for $63/night. The front desk provided exceptional service, and even allowed a late check-out to accomodate us not wanting to get out of the comfortable king sized bed.
When we first arrived, our room didn't have a phone book, but the front desk provided us one within minutes of my call. Housekeeping asked if there was anything that we needed when we declined to have our room cleaned, which I thought was nice of them. I really enjoyed the fridge, microwave, and coffee maker that was available. There was also plenty of towels/washcloths, and pillows for our stay.
The only complaint would be the parking across the street that you share with Barclay Towers. There is plenty of space, but I just don't like parking my vehicle where I can't look out of a window to see it.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Customer Service was great. Location is great.
Views are nice but not for the Christmas lights, this is a horseshoe shaped hotel and your too far from the beach, you can see down the beach especially if your in the "bend" of the hotel. Decore is tacky, bathroom is SO small!!!
Room was very small and the heat would only go so high (it was cold it was December I slept in my sweats!)
We could not use the luggage cart the halls are so narrow it was a night mare moving it around. If your on a budget is ok, if your looking for a "nice holiday stay" upgrade a bit maybe the Clarion (which is also a Choice property)

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mouse01Mouse01
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This is an older property that has been kept up in decent condition. The rooms were very clean as were all of the common areas of the hotel. It's not that big of a deal to park across the street of the hotel ... many other hotels in the area have cramped lots directly in front that are impossible to get an SUV/VAN/TRUCK out of - you won't have to worry about that here. The indoor pool is across the street and I suppose would not be as convenient as having it directly in the hotel. Staff was very friendly. CONS - there was no hot water in the restrooms of the continental breakfast area and the juice was warm. Guest doors slam and squeak and the soundproofing in between the rooms is nonexistant. Overall, a nice hotel. I would highly recommend it .

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Pros: Superior customer service. Want something, just ask and you will get it with a smile. Nice location right on the boardwalk. Nice pools. Did not try the free breakfast. Soda machine and ice on every floor. Comfortable beds. Very clean.

Cons: Small area out front for loading/unloading. It gets Crowded! Parking is across the street on the first floor of a garage. Not so good when traveling alone with kids. The rooms are very small, and the bathroom is tiny. 6th floor reeked of cigarette smoke in the hallway...not sure why. No screen on balcony door. Snack machines do not take dollar bills and are only on certain floors.

I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank KCashVa
Reviewed October 11, 2007

Great view of pool, partial oceanview, nice clean room. Great prices after labor day. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were clean and nice. The beach was very nice as well, with only a few people around us.

Rates for bike and umbrella rentals were reasonable.

There was a problem with check in. We arrived at 1pm and were informed no rooms were ready, however we sat out in our car for 2 hours while at least 20 other couples were able to check in during our wait. When I went in to complain, a room miraculously became available. The other problem was the lack of good english speaking people working here, the latinos at the front desk had poor english skills and the russians working the rentals were also tough to understand.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2007

It was our first trip to Virginia Beach. We only stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights. Went with my wife and son, booked the king size bed with ocean view.

First impression, I like the hotel, it looks very unique compared to other hotel buildings. The lobby was clean when we arrived.

Checkin was easy and we were given parking pass and I went to park my car on the seperate parking building accross the street. I think it's not a hassle at all, since this is a beach front hotel. The parking building is large and when we were there it was not even half full.

Went up to our room and it was nice, clean, no foul smell and the room is not worn out at all. The bathroom was clean and functional. Plenty of storage and also the room layout is great for an ocean view setting. The balcony is perfect for enjoying the view.

The hotel has 2 swimming pools. An indoor and outdoor, the indoor one is located accross the street. We did not go there cause we still can use the outdoor pool during the summer.

The outdoor pool is perfect size, clean, and fun. It's located just in the middle of the hotel, we had plenty of fun swimming and my son loved it.

The beach was great, nice clean sand, warm ocean water, and very family friendly. There are broad walk path and also bike path. We rent the family cycle from the hotel and went aroung a little.

Overall, this hotel offer a lot of value for the price that I paid. I will definately recommend this hotel and I will come back to the same hotel if I am going to Virginia Beach again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family