Overall, our stay was okay. The first day we arrived, I noticed that the room wasn't terribly clean. The carpets were stained, the wallpaper was torn and garbage from the last tennants was still behind the tables and couch. The female pool attendant had given us a hard time the three hours that we were at the pool. Finally, we had a chance to speak to her supervisor and she had finally backed off. Needless to say, the first few days there were very uncomfortable due to another rentee. My family felt like we were constantly walking on egg shells. I wasn't a fan of all the pool area rules. I don't understand that if "No lifeguard on duty" is 24/7 why the hot tub couldn't be used passed 10pm, nor the chairs or tables around the pool area. It almost had the feeling of summer camp when we were teenagers. Also, I didn't care for the pool area being locked/closed after 10pm, not that it mattered to security when people were having "relations" in the pool, they just walked by and left them do thier "deeds", but families weren't allowed to swim when they wanted to. Our room was on the opposite end and it was cumbersome to have to go through the lobby and through 3 different sets of doors, just to get to our floor. I was happy we had a washer and dryer. That was the highlight of staying there. When a do not desturb sign is on the door, it's there for a reason. Not to get a phone call at 10am to tell us that it was there. This happend numerous times. All in all, I am not sure if we would stay there again. We lived in VA BCH for 12 years and now we like to vacation there and see our friends. For a timeshare resort, I wasn't crazy about the number of "rules" for the price paid. Not to mention, the last two days there, my husband had to kill at least 3 roaches near the fireplace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sit back, relax and enjoy a suite that feels more like home than it does a hotel room. Each of Turtle Cay's suites features thoughtful touches such as high ceilings, oversized bathrooms with jetted tubs, and a cozy gas fireplace. In addition to comfortable, home-like accommodations and amenities, our suites include extended-stay necessities like well-equipped kitchens and kitchenettes, washer and dryers in suites, and complimentary coffee and tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Turtle Cay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Cay Hotel Virginia Beach
- Turtle Cay Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Turtle Cay