We came here on a last minute trip Memorial Day weekend with our 5 year old and 9 month old. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen, fireplace, and a jacuzzi in our bedroom (which was great for us after the kiddies went to bed!) Very clean, lots of room, great amenities, including a washer and dryer which was great for the wet swimsuits!
We loved the pool. The water is extremely shallow so I was able to get out and sunbathe while my 5 year old splashed around feet from me and I was very comfortable holding my squirmy and active infant in her floaty. We also liked that it was only a block away from the beach. It was very easy to run back to clean bathrooms for the kids, and lugging all of our stuff, coolers, water toys, sandtoys, diapers, drinks, etc. wasnt very difficult as the beach is lterally across the street! The beach was so empty for it to be Memorial Day weekend! The property is located pretty far away from all the wild and active Memorial Day weekend partying. It was nice, quiet, and perfectly family friendly. Had tons of room to spread out on the beach with the kids next to other families.
We loved it so much we decided to stay another night but we had to change rooms. The second night we had a much smaller room that had no view and the window faced the hallways. We definitely weren't a huge fan of that room as it was very cramped, loud from all the people walking by, and next time we will know not to book one of those rooms!
We had an odd random situation happen where the cleaning crew (who had already cleaned the room) came in again while we were out at the pool, and took all of the alcohol and food out of our room! Security and the front desk were very accomodating and we had a report filed because we didnt know at that time it was the cleaning crew. We thought someone had broken in! Long story short, it was their error and they gave us a $100 gift check to their neighboring restaurant across the street which had awesome food.
Bottom line, if you're looking for peace and quiet, this probably isn't your place. If you're looking for fantastic location in a family friendly place then this is the place to go! Even with the incident we are planning a trip back this Memorial Day weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sit back, relax and enjoy a suite that feels more like home than it does a hotel room. Each of Turtle Cay's suites features thoughtful touches such as high ceilings, oversized bathrooms with jetted tubs, and a cozy gas fireplace. In addition to comfortable, home-like accommodations and amenities, our suites include extended-stay necessities like well-equipped kitchens and kitchenettes, washer and dryers in suites, and complimentary coffee and tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Turtle Cay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Cay Hotel Virginia Beach
- Turtle Cay Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Turtle Cay