Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn Little Creek(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Town Center(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Blue Coral Motel(Virginia Beach)
Cavalier Hotel(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,112 results
All reviewstradewinds restaurantprivate beachthe trade windsthe indoor outdoor poolrooms are largethe general managertwo double bedsbeach frontstaceysuitewolfereuniontennissandsunriseboardwalkdolphins
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My expectation were set high when I walked into the lobby. The young lady that checked us in was wonderful this process took all of five minutes. As soon I set foot on the elevator I know it wasn't good. My room was on the 6th floor , but I never expected a room that looked and smelled like this. The carpet was awful and the couch in the living room area and filty. I went out to eat thinking that maybe when I come back the room would be smelling better. Who was I fooling. I called to the front desk to complain. I was told to bring the key back and would get another room. After repacking up all my beloning I go back down stairs. This time the person at the desk seems a little ticked that I was there requesting another room. Instead of apologizing she states who told you to bring the key? At this point I am really upset, but trying to keep it together my daughter was getting married at this hotel. On the bright side I can say that the wonderful person who was coordinating my daughter wedding was amazing. Due to unforseen circumstances (the weather) the wedding had to moved inside and she did her job. I think this hotel is in serious need of updating and maybe and possible customer service training for front th desk staff and hiring new cleaning staff. I would like to be contacted by management to discuss my issues.

Lakysha Thompson

6  Thank Lakysha T
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Lakysha- Thank you for your comments and taking the time to personally speak with me today about your visit. I value your feedback and was pleased to hear that despite a few things mentioned, you were happy overall with your stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a wonderful week at the hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was very clean and large. The view from our room was amazing. It was great going to the beach. The hotel has an easy access to the beach and it was not crowded. The pool was super nice and clean. It is a great place to a vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have a better view.
1  Thank Suz583
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thanks for posting such a great review and we’re glad to hear you had an awesome time. We have all the things which make for a great relaxing time: pool; beach; fitness room; restaurant and gorgeous sunsets! Please do come and see us again and visit our page. (facebook.com/vbresorthotel)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had a great experience with this hotel with my family and my brother's family. We loved the location on the beach -- nice and quiet compared to the uber-busy boardwalk further down the road. We had a two-bedroom suite and it was perfect for us. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Other pluses we enjoyed: free parking, indoor/outdoor pool, workout room and free shuttle down to the boardwalk. Very pleased with our stay, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Call the reservation number before booking online. We got a much better rate that way.
2  Thank Liz T

Your perfect score and comments will be shared with my staff as we work hard to provide superior service and relaxing accommodations. Your recommendation to others is the best compliment of all and we look forward to having you stay with us again. Please keep in touch! (facebook.com/vbresorthotel)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed for 4 days in early July, husband/wife/3 kids. Liked the layout of the place, and everyone who worked there was very friendly. Location was great as well, just close enough to the ocean area but far enough to be more flexible. Beach on the bay was clean, and they set up for a wedding ceremony which looked absolutedly beautiful. Enjoyed the pool set up, as if I so much as think about the sun I get burned, so it was great to be able to move to the indoor portion as necessary. Fitness center was also good.

Drawbacks - some prior comments on aging are valid. Carpet was worn, and the shower head was just a couple of steps above functional. Might have expected a little more for the price. Also, and this is more an issue with clientele: In the pool area was a hot tub that could fit 6. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to use that with just family. So we would not enter it unless it was empty. Many others did not see it this way. Was sitting in there with my wife and 10 year old son, when 2 girls, ages about 9 and 5, came running in. First of all, where is a parent? We told them they could not come in and they should go get a parent. I don't mean to sound un-caring but it is not my job to be looking after someone else's kids. And how do I know when they go back to wherever the parent is, that they don't make up some story about the big man in the hot tub? Perhaps the hotel could put up some more signs or provide some more oversight there.

Wanted to try the Sunday buffet but our scheduling got in the way. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We appreciate you staying at our resort hotel and hope you had a great time here in Virginia Beach. Thank you for your comments and observations and appreciate you being a conscientious parent. Our only wish is that you had enough time to enjoy our award winning Sunday Brunch at our Tradewinds Restaurant. It’s an amazing array of food with a spectacular view. Please come back again and stay with us to experience it all.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed for a conference. The hotel staff is excellent, very accomadating, very customer service oriented. The hotel is a little outdated, clean, but needs new carpeting & furnishings, newer decor. Loved the amenities of the beach, steps away from your room. Free shuttle service was awesome....you could visist the strip and drink without worrying about parking, driving, etc. I would come back & recommend to family & friends. Great palce for weddings too!

Room Tip: Beds are awesome....so comfortable, lots of pillows.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business