“Ideal spot to relax and enjoy your time off.”

Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #68 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Fairmont, Minnesota
“Ideal spot to relax and enjoy your time off.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We chose this hotel at the recomendation of a friend and were so glad we did. We enjoyed it so much we didn't even care if we checked out other sights in the area and there are many places available if that is your calling. The rooms were lovely and the view from the balcony beautiful and everchanging. Being situated directly on the beach made it great for walking as well as boat watching. The hotel restaurant was excellent and the people friendly. The rooms modern and spacious. We would hight recommend this place to all.

Room Tip: Boat watching is better from higher floors. Corner rooms are best but the view is great regardless.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

We came down in late Sept for a wedding, which we were looking forward to, but upon arrival, discovered another wedding going on. Seems like this place churns them out, which wouldn't be to my taste, but probably suited the couple whose wedding we were attending (daughter of a friend of ours). Unfortunately, the weather was horrible (very rainy), but nothing to do with the hotel!

Room was nice, though I thought it seemed strange that the beds located as soon as you walked in the door, rather than by the balcony. We had a partial view of the beach, which I loved. Unfortunately, due to the bedroom being by the door/hallway, it didn't allow for a good night's sleep at all, and so we were very tired the following morning.

Overnight rates were reasonable, but we got the AARP discount, and the location was wonderful - the bride & groom were able to get their wedding on the beach in the end, as luckily for them, the rain stopped, and the sun broke out just in time for an evening sunset wedding (was envious!).....

Not sure I would stay there again though due to the rowdiness of the other guests roaming the hallways (who knows which of the many weddings they were at - I think there was at least 5 on that same night we stayed there!).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bmachale
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Rooms are clean and very decent but a little dated. All of the kitchen appliances worked. Was disappointed that there was no breakfast, free or otherwise. Also Wifi was (sit down for this) $9.95 a day! Staff was nice enough. Could park in a garage which meant no frost. That was nice. We were off season and there were several of us so we were upgraded to the Bay side rooms which offered a great view. On week two I got a corner room which was bigger and offered a Bay side (East) and North view which was really nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I am a local VB resident and stayed here for one night while my condo was undergoing some renovations. The location of the hotel was convenient for me as it is within walking distance of my home. For an out of town guest, the hotel is located directly across the street from a grocery store and pharmacy and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The Cape Henry Bike Trail is easily accessible across the street. If you prefer the tourist traps, then don't stay here. This is the bay. Its much calmer and quieter and more of a locals area. In my opinion, the rate of $95 ($87 if you're a AAA member) was reasonable considering I did have a view of the bay. I've paid much more for other hotels with lesser views. I cannot speak to the restaurant, pool, hot tub or fitness room as I didn't use them. I agree with the others that the rooms and the hotel could use an update. But, for my experience, my room was clean and the staff was courteous. If you like a firm bed, this is the place to stay. The pillows were really small compared to what I've experienced at other hotels. They were also very firm. I read some other reviews that felt the layout of the bed being by the door and the "living room" by the patio was odd. The idea is that if you're asleep, you aren't enjoying the view so better to have the living room by the windows. But, it would be nice to be able to wake up and see the water first thing in the morning and to fall asleep to the sound of the water against the shore. Keep in mind, the walls are super thin and the sound of whatever you're saying or doing in your room travels!!! They do not have free wifi in the room but its only $9.99 per night. Overall, I can't complain. The room was clean, the view was nice and the rate was really reasonable. I'd stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was very impressed by this hotel. I travel a lot for work and I have to admit that I was very happy with everything. From the moment I walked in to the moment of walking out. The staff is very professional and polite. The rooms are clean and might I add HUGE. I felt very spoiled staying at this hotel. With all rooms being suites and all have balconies I felt like I was on vacation while having to work at the same time. My only complaint was that they don't have free internet. I will however absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here recently for a tennis tournament. The hotel does have some amenities, including an in-house restaurant, indoor pool and gym, and hotel gift shop. However, don't get your hopes up on anything special here.

The room was adequate, if not oddly arranged. The bedroom was in the front of the suite with sofa, kitchenette, and TV in the back room. The bed and linens were typical of an average roadside motel to me and with the bed immediately by the front door of your room, sleeping was hard as I could here every hallway conversation that went past my room.

The kitchenette was nice but the furniture in the 'living room' is definite dorm style and my window overlooked a parking lot.

I did use the hotel hot tub, which was nice and received some nice service in the gift shop. Restaurant looked like it might be good but did not eat there. Hot Tuna across the street was fantastic though.

Overall, despite the glorious name of this property, overall just very average and unremarkable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I love to stay at the Virginia Beach Resort Hotel & Conference Center. The accommodations are top notch and the service is always with smile. The view from our penthouse suite is "amazing". You must go to the TradeWinds Restaurant while staying here. The view and food is something that you won't forget and will tell your family and friends about this "best kept secret" of Virginia Beach. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple