“Nice hotel, recently updated and family friendly.”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Aylett, Virginia
“Nice hotel, recently updated and family friendly.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had read the other reviews about this hotel having a smell and I have to say, I never noticed any odors at all. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The hotel staff were as pleasant as could be expected. We stayed here off season and I think the rates were insane. Will more than likely stay somewhere else if we're ever traveling through Virginia Beach again.

Room Tip: This is a motel and there are no elevators for the rooms on the second level.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for your comments and a great feedback. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. I want you to know one of our main goals is to make sure all our guests are happy and get great value for their money. Our rates are lowest in the area as rates are checked on daily basis with our competitors and our rates are lowest in our area. If you have any concern or question please feel free to contact me directly as I will be my pleasure to assist you. Thanks for your 4 star review; we will be looking forward to see you in near future.
Irfan Faruqi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hillsville, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Price and location was our motivation and we got what we wanted. We needed to stay overnight for a funeral so we checked a few prices then called the motel but probably got central booking which was helpful especially with prices for seniors and circumstances. Even asked if we wanted frills or no frills. We got a clean, remodeled ground floor room with a king. At bed time the desk clerk quickly and amicably resolved a loud TV situation with a knock on the door next to us. Easy access with a stop light at the interstate exit. - Charles V.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Let me start by saying we are sorry to hear about the loss of your love one and our prayers are with the loss person's family. I am glad to hear you find our hotel clean with friendly,professional prompt customer service and a great value for your money. Thank You for giving us 5 star , we appreciate for your business and hope to see you on your next visit.
Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Red Roof

To whom it may concern:

My name is Joseph Hoggard , I had reservations at the Red Roof Inn on Ballard Court # 116257785398 , in Virginia Beach , earlier this week, April 8 & 9. After a couple of long days traveling, I checked in to the hotel, I have stayed at this property a number of times and have always found the rooms to be good values and the front desk staff to be friendly and accommodating.
After checking in I went to room 120 to catch up on my emails and to take a nap before joining others for dinner. The time was around 4:00, I went in the room began to unpack and turned on my IPad. I connected to the internet and within a minute I lost the signal, I attempted a couple of more times and and found the same results. I went to the front desk to find out if there was a chance that they could repair the problem, of perhaps, since I had just checked in, if they could move me to another room which may have a stronger signal. I was told that if I wanted to be moved to another room, I'd have to contact Expedia. Needless to say, I was shocked at the response . The agent then called an off property support technician to see if they could fix the problem. The agent was not able to resolve anything, so , he gave me the phone. I spoke with the technician , he asked that I go to the room and get my computer. I ran to the room, got my IPad and returned to the office. After about 5 minutes of asking me questions about the signal on my computer, the rep told me to return to my room, wait 5 minutes and restart. I did, the signal was no better, I called Hotels . com , explained to problem and asked if they could help me out , by requesting another room, or perhaps another hotel. The agent was very helpful , but my time was running short and I had to get ready to join others for dinner.
I told the Hotels.Com agent that I would call back later in the evening, if the signal didn't improve. I returned to my room around 11:00 , I was beat and was ready to soak in an Epsom salt bath. I attempted to turn on the water and all of the faucets handles were stripped and I could get no water. I was too tired to deal with the problem, so , I went to bed.
The next morning, I called the front desk to ask for help, the young lady I spoke with was extremely helpful, she immediately came to the room, saw the problem and told me that the room next door was vacant and that she would check it out so that I could take my shower there. Within a minute or two she was back with a new key. She assured me that the faucets would be repaired during the day and that she was extremely sorry.
Shortly after showering, I left for the day, I retuned around 9:00, I had to get to bed early because I had a 6:45 flight the next morning. I woke up at 4:00 , went to the shower, the handles were still stripped and I was not able to shower before spending the day on an airplane . Obviously I was not very happy about the situation, but there was no time for me to call the front desk.

I simply do not understand how hotels stay in business by offering this type of service. By the way, there us a giant banner on the exterior of the hotel,advertising free Wifi.

Room Tip: In the future, I'll request that a manager show me the room before I accept it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank hsif
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Hoggard,

Please accept my sincere apology for the series of unpleasant events that you encountered during your most recent stay with us. These problems are not typical of our hotel and my staff and I truly regret the inconvenience that you experienced. Please contact me directly at 757-490-0225 so that I can best resolve your concerns.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were passing through the area and needed the basics for one night. The reviews and price led us here. The staff was friendly and check in quick. However the whole lock mechanism on our door was broken and I had to summon an employee to get us in. Since the manager said they were sold out that evening, we had no other options. But with a little playing around, we could get in and out and secure the room when we left. In addition, our room reeked of smoke. If you’re going to convert a former smoking room to a non-smoking room, it takes more than just slapping a non-smoking sticker on the door. All the furniture and drapes have to be replaced and the room repainted which never happened here. My wife and I are not anti-smoking Nazi's but when you request a non-smoking room, in this day and age, you should be able to get it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Retired1811
Dear Guest,

Let me start by apologizing for your experience not being above satisfactory. Besides providing great customer service, cleanliness we take security and smoking odor issues very seriously. With the recent hotel renovation and upgrades of our rooms it’s our goal to exceed our guests expectations. It is our hope that you will accept our apology and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels in the va beach area and this is one of my favorite let me start by saying it is renovated and its 100% smoke free as I am not a smoker. I like that idea if u are a traveler or a frequent hotel guest red roof offer the ready card a chance to earn free nights as a frequents guest. The location is great and is quiet no ghetto people hanging out there rooms party here nor party there. The walls are not paper thin so u will not here guest next door.The front desk staff or nice and seem to know the property.The rooms are pretty clean and up to date with painting,flat screen tvs desk furniture and granite top counters.I love the idea that the floor doesn't have carpet as carpet holds stains and odors red roof inn is pet friendly as with carpet I would be afraid my dog might have a accident.The water pressure is great and the water get very hot the showers are nice and shiny with no mold althought the water pressure with the toilets will scare you its fast. I like the idea if u have personal items there is a safe to lock items away. Overall great place to stay, nice staff , clean, I wish that had breakfast but they do offer coffee. The price is good .If u did have a problem at this hotel it would be minor as though no hotel is perfect. I hope this helps.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your repeat business and taking the time to share your experience. Your positive comments are much appreciated by my entire team. Your 4 star rating and recommendation are very much appreciated.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had accidentally left my laptop bag with a lot of important items inside my room when I checked out, a member of housekeeping found my bag and brought it to front desk for safe keeping for me to get the very next day, with no items missing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin L
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thanks for your kind words, I will make sure to share your comments with my entire staff as review like yours means a lot to my team. Thanks for giving us 5 star rating, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a little difficult to review because I do not disagree with all of the positive responses, however, I did have few difficulties during my stay. First off the staff was very friendly, the rooms were nice and the price was great. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
I stayed with 3 family members for two nights, while we were visiting family in Norfolk and this hotel was within a few minutes, so the location was perfect for us. We found the room to be very clean, however, the toilet would not flush properly. I notified the staff of this the next morning and she assured me that someone would be up to fix it. I dont know if anyone ever did or not because we left for the day and returned late that night and though it did flush some it was stopped up again by the next morning. The other thing that we did notice upon our return that night was that the room had not been serviced that day. I was told by the front desk attendant when I went down to get towels that this was not normal, and that the room should have been cleaned that day. It was a minor inconvenience but it was a little unsettling for some reason. Overall the place was just fine, and much better than other hotels with a comparable cost.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sleepymc
First of all I want to Thank You for letting me know about your concerns and your positive feedback. I encourage all my guests to contact me directly if they have any concerns which they reported and are not address in time. My goal is to make sure our guests enjoy their stay and leave happy. I am truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thanks for your great feedback and we will be looking forward to welcome you back soon.