“Red Roof Virginia Beach”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #46 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip in June- was warned to be careful as there had been negative rumors of the Red Roof near my work. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate and certainly worth the price. It was an adjustment getting used to the motel/door to the street feel of the red roof inn but there was really nothing to worry about. Definitely worth the money and in a great area for my business trip down to Virginia beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Terrence F
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank You for choosing us for your lodging needs and giving us 4 Star reviews. . I am pleased that you enjoyed your and found great value for your money. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to spend one night in this hotel while we were vacationing near Virginia Beach since it was reasonably priced and got great reviews on Tripadvisor. After checking in, we went to our room only to find that it was filthy. There were sticky spots on the counters, the floors had clearly not been swept, and the bathroom was, well, disgusting. If it weren't for the fact that the beds had been made and the bathroom supplies had been stocked, we would have assumed the room was never cleaned. We aren't finicky people and didn't expect much paying $70 a night, but we both agreed there was no way we would feel comfortable staying in that room for one night. We went back to the front desk and told them that our room was dirty. The front desk worker apologized, saying "I'm not sure what the cleaning people are doing here." He was very nice about it and sent us to a new room, which gave us hope that it would be in better condition. Nope. The second room was just as filthy-- sticky spots on the floor, hair everywhere. Even worse-- the security door latch in this room was not securely nailed into the wall. When we pulled on the door, the security latch pulled completely out of the wall. We didn't feel safe and we felt dirty just crawling into bed. Since it was late and we had already complained once, we decided just to suck it up and stay for the night. We set our alarms for extra-early and got out of that place as soon as we could. We'll never go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CRaeK

Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had while staying with and thank you for your continued patronage with Red Roof Inn. My staff and I try very hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay and I’m very sorry that you did not experience this while with us; please accept my sincerest apologies.
We take our guests’ safety and satisfaction very seriously as they are our top priorities; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hands down the best Red Roof Inn I've ever stayed in...Recently renovated, clean, quiet, well maintained inside and out and a super friendly staff. Comfortable rooms, nicely furnished and the laminate flooring and no carpeting is a big plus. This Red Roof is 100% smoke free and an exceptional value with both a Denny's and Ruby Tuesday just short walk away. Conveniently located right off I-264, I stay at this Red Roof whenever traveling in the Virginia Beach area and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan F
RRI-93, Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I am glad to hear that you like our smoke free newly renovated rooms Thank You for taking time out to write a nice review about your recent stay and your kind words. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I travel a fair amount, both for business and pleasure, and always like to save money where I can. For me a hotel/motel/inn is usually just lodging, it's not my destination, so I'm generally looking for a clean room with basic amenities and a bed -- I'd rather spend my money on good meals, sight-seeing, etc. Besides cleanliness, my main "requirements" are hot water, clean sheets, a comfortable bed and good wi-fi. I guess I'm easy to please. Sometimes I also bring my dog along so pet-friendly lodging becomes essential.

A few years ago, I stayed at my first Red Roof Inn. It was near the freeway and was merely a driving break; I think I was there all of 10 hours. It was clean, had my basic requirements covered, and was inexpensive. Since then, I've probably stayed 30 nights at other Red Roof Inns and, with one exception, been very pleased with them all.

I would say this Red Roof location is a step above most of the others I've visited. I had an easy check-in/check-out, had a very comfortable room, and a quiet experience. The decorating was modern and recent, everything worked and it was in a good location. It was a business trip with the dog and he didn't have any complaints either. I'll certainly stay here again the next time I'm in Virginia Beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JimTravels2010
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I am glad that you find our hotel clean, comfortable and great value for your money. Positive feedback like yours is always a great encouragement for my entire team. I truly appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for taking time out to write a nice review about us.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Whenever I am in the Virginia Beach area for business I stay at this Red Roof Inn. It is close to the major access roads and restaurants.

The property is always well maintained and the staff is very courteous, especially Robert.

Try this location and you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stays. I will make sure to share your comments with Robert and rest of my team. Thanks for your business and we will be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Virginia Beach area.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice beds, new tv's, pretty clean bathrooms, Cleaning overall could improve, found clothes under the bed. Staff was very friendly and helpful at check-in. Stayed on a weekday night and it was quiet. Also close to some places to eat and get supplies. Overall I was satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Please accept my apologies for finding clothes under bed. It’s nice to hear that you found our NEWLY renovated rooms clean and found our staff extremely attentive and friendly. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

There was left over stuff in bathroom. One of the beds wasn't finished being made. The toilet was loose. Nonsmoking, but people smoked right outside their doors. The rate I paid through Hot wire was the xact same rate I could of received the night I showed up.

• Stayed: September 2013