WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #44 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very happy with my stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Sagar was extremely helpful!!! I arrived before the check-in time, and Sagar was gracious enough to accommodate me. The rooms are very clean, big enough, and when/if you need room service, they will respond as soon as they can. Good choice, Location is safe and overall, superb service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank zel b
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am glad that find our newly renovate hotel great value for your money and found our staff specially Sagar friendly and professional. Thank you for giving us 5 Stars review. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Irfan Faruqi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Compiegne, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I don't know what to say : rooms are big enough, clean, well equipped, the pool is nice and included in the price. Free wifi. No breakfast.
But, the AC is very very noisy ! I had to turn it off every night.
However, good location, near VA Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake...
Rooms not too exspensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I am glad to hear that liked our pool and find our hotel clean, comfortable and great value for your money. Positive feedback like yours is always a great encouragement for my entire team. I truly appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for taking time out to write a nice review about us as.

Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This motel is not bad for the price you pay. I had read several reviews and was hesitant to stay here. They have remodeled all of their rooms. There is wooden flooring (a lot cleaner than carpeting) and the rest of the room was fairly clean. There was, however, a little sand and hairs (not mine) on the bathroom floor. The mattress was perfect, I slept really well. However, in the middle of the night there was some noise outside our door.
Red Roof also offer free Wi-Fi :) Yes, there are lots of other (better) options near by, such as Hampton Inn, but these options are more expensive.

Room Tip: Bring Lysol spray. This is pretty much something you should do anywhere you stay, but bring Lysol (d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SoloTraveler44
I am pleased to learn that you like our newly renovated hotel, well equipped, comfortable at reasonable price. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank You for taking the time to write review about your experience as my team will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our second night in a Red Roof Inn. Not quite as good as the first but it was a nice place, clean. Didn't enjoy the bed but I'm not used to a hard bed. It was a little hard to find but out of the way so it was quiet. Had a decent hot breakfast. We had a light out & called to see if it could be repaired. We went the dinner & it was fixed when we got back. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in the building at the back of the motel. Very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate your comments regarding your stays about our hotel. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff. Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to write 4 Star reviews. Our team will be looking forward to serve you in near future.
Elkhorn City, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed 4 nights during week of july 4. Basic room but clean. No hairdryer which was disappointing to my wife. Red Roofs recent remodeling makes the difference! Got a great rate and the front desk staff was friendly. Small but clean outdoor swimming pool. Right off exit and a 15 min straight shot to beachfront. Stay here if you are looking for a good budget hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tatecrag
Norlina, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

After checking all the reviews on the nasty roach motels oceanfront at VA beach, I decided to stay just a few minutes away. Red Roof is VERY basic with no frills. There was a mix up with my room- it was reserved for the wrong day yet they still offered to give me another one for the same price, which was nice. What wasn't nice was that the first key given to me was for a room that was already occupied- which I didn't notice until after trying the card 3 times and peeking in the window.

The room was clean on first glance. The carpet under the bed is dirty, needs to be vacuumed. The black fold out table/laundry holder/ I don't know what the thing is....is covered in dirt. I'm not touching it. Air condition works. Bed is comfortable. From the looks of the rug i'll be sleeping on top of the comforters. Not even considering pulling them down to see the sheets.

It stinks outside of the hotel, like someone let their dog do their business. There are signs for vending yet I haven't seen anything but an ice machine that I am not about to eat the ice from.

I have ZERO desire to ever come near VA beach again. It is a nasty city with horrible traffic and maniacal drivers if you have to get on 264...and apparently all GPS directions to anything from a gas station to a chick fil a require a 20 minute hell ride on 264.

I suppose you'd need to pay 300+ a night and stay oceanfront to avoid it or find something good about this city.

Hotel is decent for the price.

Town of VA beach- I can't wait to get away from here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed here at this Red Roof many times over the last 13yrs. I have always been very satisified with the service and staff. The rooms are always clean and ready when I arrive for my stay. I have recommended this hotel to friends and family and they too enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business