“Not bad, decent stay”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This motel is not bad for the price you pay. I had read several reviews and was hesitant to stay here. They have remodeled all of their rooms. There is wooden flooring (a lot cleaner than carpeting) and the rest of the room was fairly clean. There was, however, a little sand and hairs (not mine) on the bathroom floor. The mattress was perfect, I slept really well. However, in the middle of the night there was some noise outside our door.
Red Roof also offer free Wi-Fi :) Yes, there are lots of other (better) options near by, such as Hampton Inn, but these options are more expensive.

Room Tip: Bring Lysol spray. This is pretty much something you should do anywhere you stay, but bring Lysol (d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SoloTraveler44
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I am pleased to learn that you like our newly renovated hotel, well equipped, comfortable at reasonable price. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank You for taking the time to write review about your experience as my team will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.
Irfan Faruqi

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our second night in a Red Roof Inn. Not quite as good as the first but it was a nice place, clean. Didn't enjoy the bed but I'm not used to a hard bed. It was a little hard to find but out of the way so it was quiet. Had a decent hot breakfast. We had a light out & called to see if it could be repaired. We went the dinner & it was fixed when we got back. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in the building at the back of the motel. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate your comments regarding your stays about our hotel. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff. Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to write 4 Star reviews. Our team will be looking forward to serve you in near future.
Irfan Faruqi

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed 4 nights during week of july 4. Basic room but clean. No hairdryer which was disappointing to my wife. Red Roofs recent remodeling makes the difference! Got a great rate and the front desk staff was friendly. Small but clean outdoor swimming pool. Right off exit and a 15 min straight shot to beachfront. Stay here if you are looking for a good budget hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tatecrag
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After checking all the reviews on the nasty roach motels oceanfront at VA beach, I decided to stay just a few minutes away. Red Roof is VERY basic with no frills. There was a mix up with my room- it was reserved for the wrong day yet they still offered to give me another one for the same price, which was nice. What wasn't nice was that the first key given to me was for a room that was already occupied- which I didn't notice until after trying the card 3 times and peeking in the window.

The room was clean on first glance. The carpet under the bed is dirty, needs to be vacuumed. The black fold out table/laundry holder/ I don't know what the thing is....is covered in dirt. I'm not touching it. Air condition works. Bed is comfortable. From the looks of the rug i'll be sleeping on top of the comforters. Not even considering pulling them down to see the sheets.

It stinks outside of the hotel, like someone let their dog do their business. There are signs for vending yet I haven't seen anything but an ice machine that I am not about to eat the ice from.

I have ZERO desire to ever come near VA beach again. It is a nasty city with horrible traffic and maniacal drivers if you have to get on 264...and apparently all GPS directions to anything from a gas station to a chick fil a require a 20 minute hell ride on 264.

I suppose you'd need to pay 300+ a night and stay oceanfront to avoid it or find something good about this city.

Hotel is decent for the price.

Town of VA beach- I can't wait to get away from here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed here at this Red Roof many times over the last 13yrs. I have always been very satisified with the service and staff. The rooms are always clean and ready when I arrive for my stay. I have recommended this hotel to friends and family and they too enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After driving 10 hours and getting here earlier than check-in, the people at the front desk provided excellent service to get us a room right away so we would not have to wait. We got our room and it was really clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, also. Overall, for the low price we paid, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Daniela2494
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Average hotel. Had trouble checking in as our reservation over internet hadn't went thru but the check-in guy told me who to call and got it straightened out. Our reservation was suppose to have a microwave and fridge according to internet but when got to room, there was none. Again, the guy assured me we were not suppose to have one as the double rooms don't come with that. Again, mix up on Priceline's end, not the hotels. Our room was the average standard two bed room. It was clean, beds were comfy, and the air worked! The pool was somewhat smaller than appeared on the website but still plenty of room. Right off the interstate and within walking distance to Denny's and a 7 eleven. Fairly quiet place as well. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family