“The friendliest and cleanest hotel i've stayed in”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I just want to take the time to give the Red Roof Inn in Va Beach the highest rating possible. Trina and Robert at the front desk always made sure I received friendly and prompt service. The housekeeping do an excellent job at making sure I have what i need daily. Overall I would totally recommend this hotel for your next visit.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KiKi23462

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Spent 4 nights here. Pet friendly and no extra fees for it. Bathroom so small you can't close the door when using to toilet. Stay was going well until the hot water broke the first night and they told us they didn't know when they could fix it. After being out at the beach all day and coming back to no water pressure at all (barely enough to rinse your hands), we were all angry. Spent most of the vacation in the room because we were filthy. We were offered the opportunity to leave without paying for the few hours we had been there (With attitude and all). Water wasn't repaired until the last few hours of our stay. Contacted Red Roof and was sent a reply from the manager apologizing and offering some money back. I responded. Needless to say, he never responded back or refunded me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank avril89lavigne
Reviewed October 11, 2010

It was me and my husband's 10th year wedding anniversary, and we wanted to stay some where near Virginia Beach, but not directly on the beach because of the cost factor. We were pleasantly surprised when I found out about the Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, not only because it was close enough to the beach, should we decided to visit it, but after reading some of the reviews from Trip Advisor about this hotel, the cost, the location and the comments about the cleanliness of the rooms help with our decision to stay at this facility. Even though we always travel with our own linen, we were not disappointed with the cleanliness of our room, nor the location, because it was close to the activities we had planned for., Nauticus, Waterside and the ferry boat ride. Even though there was no restaurant on the property, there were enough eatery places near by, and we had the microwave and refigerator in our room. I also liked the presence of a security guard checking the grounds at night. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly return again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Renay50
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The one thing I would ask is that the front desk communicates better with the housekeeping staff. I am a Redicard member and ask for and receive a late checkout on Sunday Oct. 3 for 12pm. I was at a meeting and my wife was still in the room. The housekeeping staff came but at 11:00am and told her she had to leave because the checkout time was 11:00am. She became very upset and left. It would help in the future if the front desk will let the housekeeping know when a member guest has an extended checkout.

Thanks

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jpref
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This Red Roof offers not only value, but a great staff, a perfectly cleaned bathroom and a relatively quiet location right off a main road. A plus for me is that they do the laundry on site - smelling fresh laundry is a wonderful thing in my book! With my son stationed nearby, we'll be coming back again to explore more of the area!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bubba53smom
Reviewed September 20, 2010

here on business over a month, very satisfied with the service, staff are very friendly, rooms kept clean. and a pool for those who use it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank banshadow
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My name is Tahiem Nipper, Author of 100 Portrayals through Poetry(www.TahiemtheAuthor.com), I was headed to my biggest book promotion event to date when, needing to look my best, I needed an iron. Well, unfortunately for me, so did most of the other guests at this hotel, all of whom beat me to it. Laurie was the attendant that I spoke to at the front desk. Upon hearing of the importance of my appearance on this particular day, Laurie took it upon herself to go door to door to locate an iron & ironing board for me. . . which she did. This was clearly above and beyond the call of duty, and a courtesy which I needed, as well as appreciated. Customer service like this is not the standard, but rather the exception. You'd be in good hands at the Virginia Beach Red Roof Inn. . . I was!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business